Writer's Haven
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Writer's Haven

Welcome writers! Come, read, write, chat, and role play if you want.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Rules Governing Role Playing. READ FIRST!

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Lavelia
Admin
Admin
Lavelia

Number of posts : 230
Registration date : 2008-03-29

The Rules Governing Role Playing. READ FIRST! Empty
PostSubject: The Rules Governing Role Playing. READ FIRST!   The Rules Governing Role Playing. READ FIRST! Icon_minitimeSun Mar 30, 2008 6:47 am

In order to make Role Playing fun for everyone involved there are a few rules that need to be laid down.

1. NO GOD-MODDING!
Another words, the only person you control is you. If you're running multiple characters, that is still you. No major messing with another person's character are allowed. (EXAMPLE: Non God-Modding : Charlie turned towards Eric and gave a tug, attempting to pull him towards the window to show him the dead animals littering the ground. : EXAMPLE: God-Modding : Charlie turned towards Eric and pulled him up out of his seat, dragged him over to the window and made him look at the dead animals littering the ground.) God-Modding is the express movement of another character [that isn't yours] without allowing the other person to respond.

When your character is in a battle that is life and death and you are unnwilling to allow damage to that character...THAT IS GOD-MODDING! IF YOU ARENT WILLING FOR YOUR CHARACTER TO TAKE EQUAL DAMAGE TO WHAT YOUR CHARACTER GIVES OUT YOU ARE GOD-MODDING!

2. READ THE RP BEFORE JOINING!
Doing so just makes sense! How can you post to someting you havent read. Jumping in with a random post can cause confusion among the ones who are familiar with the rp.

3. ASK PERMISSION BEFORE JOINING A CLOSED (CL) RP !
I put the thread up there just for that purpose. Ask there or PM the person running the thread. Not everyone wants other people to join their RP. Perhaps it's just a special "between them" rp and they want to keep it that way or maybe the person running the rp just doesnt want a lot of people joining, either way ask first.

4. KEEP THE SEXUAL CONTENT TO ONLY WHAT IS NECESSARY TO ADVANCE THE STORY!
Pretty self explanatory there. I dont care much if sex is done in character. However too much can ruin a good RP. Therefore, keep the sex to just what is needed for character relationships to develope. Also keep it clean people. Nothing too explicit! And NO there will be no examples on this topic. If you cant figure out what is explicit and what is not, read a Harlequin Romance or something to get an idea.

5. LANGUAGE!
I dont mind some swearing however excessive swearing is both offensive and and annoying and it will not be tolerated.

Breaking of these few rules will result in warnings. If the warning is ignored and continually repeated the consequences will either be the post being deleted {the first few rules} or the posts being deleted and the RPer being banned {the last two rules}. Have fun, abide by these few simple rules and all will be well! If you get warned about god-modding and you ignore that warning then you will be banned.

P.S. I am not the RP police. I will not read every single post and issue out citations and warnings like some robotic annoyance. I do however skim the rp's on my site to ensure that the majority of these rules are kept. However if someone comes to me or leaves me a PM about someone breaking these few rules, then I will do my duty and issue warnings/bans. If you're old enough to rp then you are well old enough to adhere to these few rules. Thus said, I bid you thank you, and welcome. Enjoy your rp experience here.
Back to top Go down
https://lostmagiciangrl.darkbb.com

The Rules Governing Role Playing. READ FIRST!
Page 1 of 1