Writer's Haven
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Writer's Haven

Welcome writers! Come, read, write, chat, and role play if you want.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Lavelia's Tavern

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Lavelia
Admin
Admin
Lavelia

Number of posts : 230
Registration date : 2008-03-29

Lavelia's Tavern Empty
PostSubject: Lavelia's Tavern   Lavelia's Tavern Icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2008 4:44 pm

Lavelia sighed. Staring morosely into the flickering flames cast by the fire as she slumped dejectedly upon the worn couch, the noises of her tavern muted to her ears as she stared into a distant past.

Unbeknownst to her all members of her Kiss, and those that cared for her and looked after her, watched her with worried eyes. A single waitress carrying a dusty opaque green bottle, with what appeared to be a black liquid within, and a matching glass approached her, “My Lady, would you care for some wyne,’ she asked in a gentle voice.

Lavelia was startled back to herself by the question, glancing over at the waitress with dull eyes she waved away what had once been her favorite drink but was now only a sad reminder of times long past.

The waitress stared at her mistress with grave concern. It had been a long while since her Lady had fed, or even ingested the bloodwyne she used to so enjoy. With a sigh she took the bottle back and handed it and the matching glass to the burly bartender shaking her head at his silent question.

The tavern itself had undergone many small changes as time had passed. Many more people filled the place, their loud conversations echoing and filling the air. Some of the newer additions wondered at the sorrow filled looks that were given as people glanced towards the old couch in front of the fireplace. Questions and muted answers flew back and forth, “why do you look so concerned,” and, “who is she that you would be so concerned over her,” the answers were even more muted, many very short, “someone she cared deeply for died. She hasn’t recovered from it,” and, “her Tsunami died, beheaded by a rogue she had sent him to bring to justice. Our Lavelia is very fair,” soft worried smiles were sent her way drifting into deeper concerned looks as they saw her refuse that special drink they knew she used to like so well.

Lavelia drifted back into her mind seeing once again Tsunami’s head rolling to her feet, his eyes glassy and lifeless. She watched the scene unfold for what would be the millionth time…hearing her orders to Tsunami, “I’ve heard that the rogue Vasmere has been seen in my lands, go and bring justice to him,” then a few days later feeling an alarm go off….then another day later in that darkened clearing as she watched her lover and friend die. The rage that went through her upon seeing his lifeless eyes staring up at her, nothing could have stopped her. Vasmere died so swiftly, torn apart by her in her rage, and yet, that seemed so very distant. Her head dropped into her open hands as sorrow took her once again, darker and deeper into herself, her body curling in upon itself as she sunk deeper into despair, those lifeless eyes sucking all will out of her.

The bartender frowned as he noted her head dropping out of sight. Sighing he shook his head, turning to serve the demanding customers, his worry showing only in the minute glances towards the couch every so often, otherwise he presented his jovial self to the people that relied on him to serve them.
Back to top Go down
https://lostmagiciangrl.darkbb.com
Auroch
Auroch

Number of posts : 105
Registration date : 2008-04-27

Lavelia's Tavern Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lavelia's Tavern   Lavelia's Tavern Icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2008 7:05 pm

*There was darkness. The darkness was absolute and not even those who could in the dark could see within the confines of this space. Even those with Energy sight could not see within this place. To see in this place, one had to be able to see Alpha waves. Which most beings would never be able to do. He had been in this place for 365 days. As soon as he finished the day, he would be able to leave. This had been his second year in a place that no being was meant to survive in. That hardly fazed Vultrin though. He was learning much in his tine here. He was gaining access to two new types of energy for his two years. It was a good thing this was the last day. He was running out of food. For him that was not too much of a problem. Except that normal food, no longer sustained him. He needed precious gems and stones that most would find unpalatable in the extreme.

He stepped out of the black hole, teleporting to the nearest planet that was habitable. He had been searching for food. He smiled as he found a nice deposit of rubies and sapphires. This place had not been mined or even inhabited it would seem. Though he did find his goal, he began to draw the gemstones up out of the ground in raw uncut form. Taking a bite and looking around.

Vultrin was six feet tall and six feet wide. According to Khaddie, his friend within the Order of Chaos, Vultrin was cool because he was a square. This most would find hard to deal with. Ohh well, it did not matter Vultrin was Vultrin and nothing would change that anymore. His weight was indeterminable making for interesting “pot holes” wherever he walked. His hair was long, lush and it cascaded down his very wide back. He left it hanging lose for the moment, maybe it easier to care for.

He was blinking though and the glare from the normal light was nearly killing his vision. He actually felt blind in this normal light. Until he realized that, his eyes were in a dual vision spectrum. Meaning he was seeing gemstones and alpha waves. He dropped both for the normal spectrum. This brought immediate relief to his over worked senses. He was feeling tired after his meal. Therefore, he laid down right where he was and tried to sleep.

I nagging sensation kept assaulting him. He had no idea what it was. So he filtered through the different energy channels. Finally, he came across a distress beacon. It was on a closed frequency one he had not accessed since the last Multi-Galactic Tournament with Saray and Daedalus. He whispered aloud, not quite believing the signal. It was on the problem channel and frequency.*

“Lavelia”

*That memory triggered many more memories. It caused a chain reaction in his great mind. He was a slow thinker by nature, but when he figured something out, it came faster as he linked memories together. He stood up suddenly, his hands going to his back. Two very large, two handed hammers appeared on his back. The heads of the hammers appeared to be carved dragonheads.

He checked the beacon to see if it was from Lavelia. Oddly enough, it was not from her, but from her servants. Peculiar to say the least, but who would they know which channel to use to call him? It did not matter, Lavelia needed him and he planned to be there as fast as possible.*
Back to top Go down
Lavelia
Admin
Admin
Lavelia

Lavelia's Tavern Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lavelia's Tavern   Lavelia's Tavern Icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2008 9:07 pm

Lavelia’s mind drifted through time, slowly saying goodbye to each person she had ever helped, each live she had ever saved, each friend she had made that time had taken from her. Her mind skipped around, examining each person who’s life she had taken, each death over the last fifteen years that had taken a small piece of her with them. In her mind a picture grew, of a friend she lost along the way, gone away as his duties called to him. One word slipped from her lips…a mere whisper of sound, “Vultrin,” before her mind skipped on to other faces, faces of friends, of people she couldn’t save, the ones like Tsunami that had died, each of them lost in the time that was her life.

A shadowed figure heard that whisper, and detached himself from the wall. He walked over to Lavelia and noted her pallid complexion, the veins so blue against her nearly translucent skin. A dark smile filled his face as he whispered into her ear, “death would end your agony. Tsunami’s agony was ended upon his death,” he leaned even closer and to others would only appear to be kissing her cheek and pushing the long blood red locks away from her face, “Vultrin? Are you certain he even existed? Or is he just a mere figment of your imagination, someone you made up to ease your pain as you slaughtered all those innocents,” his hands siphoned off a little more of her energy.

‘She’s made it so easy, while she weakens I grow ever stronger..soon I will be the stronger and she, she will serve me. Perhaps I shall make her a slave, trapped in that dark place I’ve wrapped around her mind and heart,’ he thought as he pulled back from her, noting how much more translucent her skin had become just from a few moments of contact, ‘yes I believe I shall make her my slave…perhaps keep her for sex when I want it. If I don’t decide to take all of her power instead that is. Too bad for you my dear,’ he thought as he began to straighten and move back towards the shadows, ‘all your friends have faded into time, dead, gone,’ were his final thoughts as he took once again his position on the wall.

She lay there as he took her energy and wrapped more darkness around her, her mind no longer skipping, instead hung up on Tsunami’s sightless eyes, a single tear drifting down her oh so pale cheeks.

The bartender glanced over, noting that Edmund was tending his mistress and smiled, ‘he tends her so gently. His love for her must be great. Though why wouldn’t it be, she did save his life after all,’ turning back he passed a waitress a tray full of tankards to take to the customers clamoring for their drinks, paying little attention to the other mans return to his post at the wall.
Back to top Go down
Auroch
Auroch

Lavelia's Tavern Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lavelia's Tavern   Lavelia's Tavern Icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2008 9:35 pm

*Energy rippled nearly violently as he shifted through time and space. He knew something was wrong and he had to stop it. He felt his body hurtle violently, and then came to a stop between times. Something was wrong. Something was slowing his journey to see Lavelia. His hands going quickly to the hafts of his hammers. He closed his eyes gently. Trying to figure out what was slowing his progress. There, his mind was whirling as he released the hilts of his weapons.

He cracked his neck and raised his hands. He twisted and rotated his hands as fast as he could. Black energy arced through his hands. His face twisted in pain and rage. The Black energy formed into a sphere. Then he compressed it violently. Still more energy he poured into the ball. It compressed repeatedly. The orb becoming denser with each passing moment. Wounds appeared on his body, though he ignored the wounds. He had upset an planar elemental it would seem. Well let us see how they like to play with his little toy.

His muscles were growing from the energy building all around him. He threw back his head and howled, and then the black energy erupted all around him. Engulfing him and moving out from his body as it became uncontrollable. Black hole material was not something to screw around with. His hands were burned and his body lacerated from the elementals claws. His eyelids dropped but he closed his eyes and continued the teleportation.

He came out of the dead zone he created and looked around. He had destroyed a planar time rift. He created a black hole in the center of it. Not a good proposition for anyone wishing to use it later on. He would have to fix it later. He shook his head and teleported again. He was in the right place this time.

He appeared in Lavelia’s tavern. A little weary, but sound enough to look around the room. Shifting to energy vision, he looked to see who was in the room. He would see any being, natural or unnatural. He may not note if there a threat or not. He called out suddenly, wondering if Lavelia was even in this room*

“Lavelia?”

*He seemed a bit disoriented, but overall he was fine. He was lightheaded from using such a large amount of energy. He would be fine in a little while. For now he would need to conserve some of his energy. He could already feel it being drawn into him.*
Back to top Go down
Lavelia
Admin
Admin
Lavelia

Lavelia's Tavern Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lavelia's Tavern   Lavelia's Tavern Icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2008 10:06 pm

Edmund frowned as a behemoth of a…man? Appeared out of thin air and shouted for Lavelia. A dark smile lit his face for just a moment before he pushed back a little deeper into the shadow in which he lurked, attempting to put the look of “concerned servant” back on. He noted the behemoth’s injured state and deemed him unworthy of concern, relaxing against the wall to observe the goings on.

The bartender’s eyes widened, a relieved look filling his face as he did something that had everyone stop what they were doing. Upon spotting the large man materialize right in the middle of the tavern he practically ran over to the hulking giant, “Vultrin! It’s good to see you old man,” he spoke jovially to him, attempting to pull him towards where his mistress lay. Quietly so only Vultrin could hear he said, “there’s been many difficulties since you’ve been absent. I ask only one thing, save Her,” he gestured towards the couch and said in a louder voice, “My Lady rests there Sir,” he stated in a firm voice as he moved back behind the bar…the noises resuming as he took his place.

From far away, she thought she heard the voice of an illusion she had once had pushing the delusion away she sighed and settled deeper into her despair, the darkness slowly devouring her as she stared into those lifeless eyes…as she heard his voice, “why? Why did you let me die,” soon joined by others, “why did I deserve to die? Why did you become judge, jury, and executioner? Why did u not save me,” her knees bumped her chest as she turned onto her side, her spirit retreating deeper within herself in a weak attempt to keep her psyche from completely shattering.

Edmund continued to weave his subtle thread of darkness around her, uncaring of the consequences, willing to go to all lengths to destroy her, his hatred of her so all consuming that it made him bold enough to work his shadow skill out in the open, knowing full well that the only one who could stop him was the one trapped in his net.
Back to top Go down
Auroch
Auroch

Lavelia's Tavern Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lavelia's Tavern   Lavelia's Tavern Icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2008 10:27 pm

*Vultrin eyed Edmund for a few moments. Something did not feel right about him or his energy now. The bartender interrupted his thoughts. Vultrin smiled as he was dragged to Lavelia. He saw the state of Lavelia and then his eyes went back to Edmund. His smile vanished abruptly. A feral growl escaped his lips as he locked eyes with Edmund.

He wasn’t sure what to do first. Yet, he had to do something and fast. A slight grin crossed his angry features. Though it was a twisted smile. More like sadistic glee. Energy rippled throughout the room. Then suddenly the strands of Edmund’s dark energy were revealed. Vultrin had tapped into the Aura rune. A very simple, but deviously complex rune. Edmund’s Aura was now plain for everyone to see, as well as his energy strands.

Vultrin had only begun to play with his victim though. His fatigue vanished suddenly as adrenaline coursed through his veins. He was drawing in energy, sapping it from everyone and everything thing in the room. Edmund would not realize that the game was up. Nor would he realize that he didn’t have a chance to get out of there. Vultrin was one of the most sadistic fighters you could ever meat. What’s more, Edmund was trying to kill Lavelia. He saw it plain enough in the web of energies.

He cracked his neck, then each of his fingers and still more energy poured into him. He called to Lavelia telepathically, calling her to fight back against the insidious tampering. Vultrin’s eyes shifted color, going from emerald green to a violent shade of purple. As his energy grew Edmund would see the pupils of vultrins eyes change to skulls.

Vultrin spoke, His voice penetrating deeply, to most it would sound normal. To Edmund it would likely sound like his body was trying to be shaken apart by the vibrations of his voice. He was using a combination of the sound rune and amplification sub-runes. This could kill someone, but he was holding back. He couldn’t stop now even if he wanted too. The anger was rising beyond the normal level. He willingly gave up control now.*

“How dare you, Your plot has failed and you will be very lucky if you survive this night. I could destroy you here and now, but your fate will be decided by Lavelia, Traitor.”

*He blinked two times, then two more. Then he tried to merge his mind with Lavelia’s. To give her the strength of mind to fight back against Edmund’s invasion. A slight grin as he set up a labyrinth that would slow and possibly even stop Edmund from entering her mind anymore. *

“Lavelia, come on, fight back. Show him what true strength is. He is pitiful, weak. Fighting from the shadows after you have given him so much.”
Back to top Go down
Lavelia
Admin
Admin
Lavelia

Lavelia's Tavern Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lavelia's Tavern   Lavelia's Tavern Icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2008 11:28 pm

Edmund frowned, his brow furrowing as his aura and his spell strands were revealed. Twisting the strands just slightly he smiled an evil smile as Lavelia moaned in pain, his skill so great that he could inflict physical agony on top of mental. Uncaring of the now pissed off people staring openly at him he continued his onslaught, attempting to shred her psyche even as he glanced boldly over and noticed the change in the behemoth’s eyes. He sneered and squeezed his power around her mind and body, causing her to cry out once again, the sound sweet music to his ears.

Edmund shrieked, his attention distracted momentarily as Vultrin’s voice hit him. For just a moment the strands of his power weakened as pain racked his form, one of the strands…the one he had wrapped around her heart…vanished. Feeling the spell sever, his face altered, the insane look in his eyes deepening as he took back control of his skill, sending power pulsing down the strands.

Lavelia shrieked as he hit her with a stronger attack, her body coming up off the couch in response to the pain he was inflicting. Deep in her mind, in the small space she had retreated to she shrieked as even that shield she had built up was shattered, the voices and those lifeless eyes becoming prominent, cracks began to form as he added power to his spell, her psyche slowly beginning to break up even as she heard the illusion call to her. The cracks remained even as the pressure on her psyche was reduced, his power trying to find it’s way to her through a labyrinth that had formed in her mind.

He grew enraged as he found himself stymied from finishing his work, his power attempting to trace it’s way to the center of the labyrinth. Sweat beaded on his brow as he put forth more effort, detracting from the power he was using to cause her physical injury and focusing it into reaching her mind.

Lavelia’s shrieks eased somewhat as the power focused elsewhere. Deep in her mind, a small, reduced Lavelia…a physical manifestation of her psyche cuddled itself in the dark, rocking back and forth, cracks tracing along her skin attesting to the damage she had taken, attempting to hold herself together.

Around the room, faces darkened in outrage. The crowd rose up as the traitor was revealed. All members of her Kiss that had been blending in with the many customers shifting and moving to stand behind Vultrin. Their rage a palpable thing. The bartender announced, “the bar is closed. Get out. NOW,” as he moved from behind it and urged the protesting customers out the door, not stopping til every last one was gone and the room was emptied.

“Edmond,” the bartender barked out, “she saved your life!”

Edmond just sneered not deigning to answer, focusing all of his power into reaching her psyche and destroying it.

The huddled form rejected the voice of what she deemed to be an illusion she had created, unable now to tell memory from imagination. Her body settled back onto the couch, curling up, her hands covering her ears her whole body tense and shaking from the pain that had been inflicted.
Back to top Go down
Auroch
Auroch

Lavelia's Tavern Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lavelia's Tavern   Lavelia's Tavern Icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2008 11:50 pm

*Vultrin watched closely. His anger had become rage. It was no bordering on blind hatred. He did not move, because he did not have too. Every time Lavelia cried out in pain would be another dagger Vultrin would pierce this would be assassin with. This fool was about to feel what true pain was. His insanity was no longer concealed anymore. Vultrin was not going to let him get away.

Vultrins energy continued to grow and the air around Vultrin crackled violently. A small depression formed underneath his feet. Electricity arced through his muscles, causing them to bulge and grow. Still he did nothing. Letting his energy continue to grow and warp the area physically. It had been a long time since he had needed to power-up. Even though he was forcing his already low energy. He didn’t care about him self.

He formed a dagger of energy. Though he did not direct it at Edmund. Instead, he slashed viciously at the darkness that he was using to kill Lavelia. He severed the strands from her body and mind. He would never get through the labyrinth in time anyways. His growl was getting louder as the energy built. He would need to release it soon. Sigmund would never know what hit him.

Pain laced through Vultrin body, yet he held it at bay. His shouldn’t be forcing this much energy to come out and he knew it. The repercussions would be steep. He closed his eyes to clear the pain, but they snapped back open suddenly. His once smile a snarling visage.

The tables and chairs around him rose off the floor as his energy continued to grow. Finally his energy seemed to reach a crescendo and he crossed his arms over his chest. His full roar echoed throughout the tavern. Then all the energy was absorbed into his body. Every rune on his body activates at the same time. This gave Vultrin a multi-colored glow from each of the different runes.

He reaches into his vest pocket and pulls out a pair of designer shades. Putting them on slowly he began to smile again. He no longer needed to wait for his runes to activate to use. He just needed to direct his energy now.

Edmund would feel a wrenching from his body. First, he felt like he was cut off from his power. However, he would still feel his power, he just could not reach it. Second, He would feel as if he was stabbed in the head, chest and stomach all at the same time. The burning sensation he was feeling was not a wound though it sure as hell hurt like one.

He would feel that wellspring of power he was so used to having burning away. His gift and power were dissolving completely as if it was never there. Vultrin left the full memory of the sweet gifts. To truly agonize Edmund, he left the memories and feeling of power intact.*
Back to top Go down
Lavelia
Admin
Admin
Lavelia

Lavelia's Tavern Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lavelia's Tavern   Lavelia's Tavern Icon_minitimeTue Apr 29, 2008 12:48 am

The Vampires behind Vultrin moved back, leaving more room for the behemoth to move should he have need. They watched as power arched around him, the blindingly bright light causing them to shield their sensitive eyes with shirt sleeves or whatever else they could find.

Edmund continued to ignore Vultrin, his focus on destroying her so great that the behemoth’s power up went virtually unnoticed until his ties to her were completely severed. Screaming incoherently in outrage he turned towards the mammoth man, his eyes widening at the…change taking place. His eyes locked onto the tables and chairs as they rose off the floor and hovered and he bit back a gulp of fear.

The blinding light from the runes filled his eyes, causing him to close, then cover them. Out of nowhere he felt his power fall out of his reach, shrieking as pain engulfed him his hands went to his head as agonizing pain stabbed through it. Other pain engulfed him from his chest and stomach and he doubled over even as he continued to try and reach for his power. He let out a howl as he felt his power dissipate, burning away even as he attempted to reach for it.

The crowd moved in on Edmund even as he was still writhing in pain. He really started to scream as each and everyone of them one by one sank fangs into him, draining him dry. As his organs struggled to continue they began to slowly but steadily tear him apart, starting with the smallest bits and moving to the rest, until his lifeless, detached head rested on the ground, “clean up this mess people, our Lady does NOT need to see this,” the bartender winked at Vultrin as he issued the order.

Lavelia heaved a soft sigh of relief as the assault vanished. Her eyes flicked open, the normal emerald green hazed with the red of bloodlust. Her psyche cracked, her predatory nature rose to the forefront and her torso rose up from the couch, uncurling…the movement almost feline, a low growl emanating from her. She pushed off the couch, her body swaying unsteadily as she moved, her eyes on the only non vampire in the room. One of her Kiss moved in to catch her around the waist to ensure that she didn’t fall and ended up with her fangs buried in his throat.

She snarled and thrust him away, leaving him to land heavily and bleed. No one else moved into her range, recognizing her as more feral than any wild animal could hope to be. As she moved out from around the couch flashing fangs her movement jerky and uncoordinated, her bloodlust filled every inch of the room.

The bartender moved in front of the Vultrin, “Lord Vultrin, your room is up those stairs,” he pointed to the heavy stone stairs ascending up the wall opposing where Lavelia was, “unless you wish to become her next meal, you may want to leave.”
Back to top Go down
Auroch
Auroch

Lavelia's Tavern Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lavelia's Tavern   Lavelia's Tavern Icon_minitimeTue Apr 29, 2008 10:20 am

*Vultrin watched Edmund die. Seeing him drained and then his head removed. The skull shaped pupils vanished as did the purple irises. His eyes returned to the normal emerald green color. He shook his head as he regained controlled. Looking to Lavelia slowly, he had to think of something he could do to aid her. She needed him now and he was not going to let her down.

Seeing the servant try to stop her from going after Him, he shook his head fully. The vampire should have let her get to him. His blood would have calmed her. His would only incite her more into a frenzy. He raised a hand to forestall the bartender. He had to do this now when it was possible for him to act.

He shifted forward slowly. His hands went to Lavelia’s shoulders. He knew the dangers of a feeding vampire. He latched one hand onto her jaw, applying pressure and forcing her to release the other vampire. Then she was off the ground and in controlled flight. She would land on her back on top of a table. One of Vultrin’s massive hands sitting squarely on her chest. Holding her down as if she was a child, the scene seemed familiar to him for some reason.

He smiled down at her and stroked her hair gently. His hand stroked her cheek quickly and then all the way down her neck. He sent a tingling of blood energy into her right at the neck. He locked eyes with her, willing her to look deeper and deeper into his eyes. He compelled her to do as he commanded her. Knowing that in her frenzied state, she could not resist such a temptation. Ever had his eyes fascinated her. The deep emerald pools that she became hopelessly lost in.

He spoke no physical words to her though. Each word came mind to mind. This brought the web of his energies deeper and deeper into her mind. He had an extensive knowledge of healing the mind, if not the body. He slipped deeper into her mind entering her subconscious with a probe of energy. He was attempting to brace her damaged psyche. It was a critical first step in the healing process. The next step was to access the damage she had sustained. The subconscious mind told her that and more. He even knew how she was physically injured.

He first removed the web of lies and deceits Edmund had forced upon her in her grief. It would be difficult to get through to her if she still believed that traitorous worm. Vultrin’s eyes dropped with weariness, but he was nearing completion. Time meant nothing when you were in the recesses of another’s mind. This is likely why he was so close to exhaustion even now. He patched the cracks in her psyche for now. Knowing he would have to complete the job later. Though her vampiric regeneration would help considerably in the process.

He released his hand from her chest. He lifted her gently to his chest so she would not strike out at him. He had no doubts she had struggled through the entire ordeal. He just had not noticed while within her mind. He shifted his large head to the right and held her lips to his exposed neck. He stroked her back and neck, coaxing her to drink.*

“Its okay now, Lavelia. Drink and allow yourself to heal. It will not take much more, and then you can rest.”

*The others in the room would notice that Vultrin was smiling. He would go to sleep once Lavelia was sated. He had an idea that it would be close to a week that he slept. He had forced his body to do a lot in such a short period. He had been tired before he ever got the call. He still had no idea who sent it to him, but that was a question for later.*
Back to top Go down
Lavelia
Admin
Admin
Lavelia

Lavelia's Tavern Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lavelia's Tavern   Lavelia's Tavern Icon_minitimeTue Apr 29, 2008 6:36 pm

Lavelia plunged forward, slamming hard into the bartender, her fangs sinking deeply into his flesh. It didn’t take long though for her to realize that she was gaining no nourishment and tossed him aside like nothing more than a rag doll just as Vultrin forced her jaws apart to in order to make her release her victim.

The bartender stood, hand covering the bleeding wound, ready to take up his guard position when his actions were stalled by Vultrin himself. Taking his cue from the behemoth he nodded and left it to him. After all, he was probably the only one in the place who could truly handle her in her current state. Nodding towards Vultrin he moved to oversee the clean up, giving the decapitated skull a good kick in the process.

She snarled as he moved forward then was kinda startled to find herself flying backwards and landing on her back on a table staring up at him. Being held down with a single massive hand did nothing to improve her disposition. Her hands grabbed at his arm in an attempt to get it to move, her fingers attempting to pierce and slice with her nails.

As his hands began to stroke her hair, then her cheek she attempted to sink her fangs into his hands. Her legs she used to kick and push at him in futility, her struggles increasing as he reached her neck. Her eyes widened just a little at the small infusion of blood energy, for just a moment the red haze clouding over her eyes flickered and she met his gaze. The moment of clarity didn’t last long, but it was too late. She was caught in his gaze, looking deeper and deeper, her struggles slowing and her hands stopped attempting to cause harm and came simply to rest on his hand. Her legs stopped struggling to push him away and hung down limply from the table.

Deep in her mind, her wounded psyche attempted to push away the energy he was using with little luck. Even her latent powers, the ones used to defend her mind against attack were disabled and sucked dry. He would find her mind so easy to enter and so weakened that it might almost be a shock. As the energy swirled around her psyche lending strength where none was. Entering her subconscious he would notice her clinging to one memory…the only memory that could not be altered or twisted. He would hear the voice of an old crone shouting, “push, the magic is fading. If you wish for this child to gain life you must push! Else she…and you may never survive this day,” he would hear her scream, feel the labor pains as her subconscious was sunk deep into this memory. The only one that could not be made out to be a lie or illusion. He would feel that last push, hear the scream of a child and the voice of the crone, “the magic has faded. Your daughter is alive and healthy. Give her a name and seal her life to this plane.”

“Calla. I name you Calla Vela Mulciber. Calla for strenght, Vela for wisdom, and Mulciber for power,” the infant came into sharp focus. A tuft of her mother’s red hair, pale skin, the spitting image of her mother. Her little hands raked the air as she cried, though she soon settled down into slumber…the memory blinked and began again, repeating over and over as her mind attempted to save itself.

As he began to repair her psyche, patching the cracks, the vampiric regeneration that would have normally began to kick in, didn’t. Something about how she destroyed Vasmere caused most of her powers to go dormant, leaving her weakened and open to attack. While in her mind he may notice the weaknesses she now had, that weren’t there the last time he was in her mind.

Her people watched as her struggles vanished and she lay calmly beneath his hand. It wasn’t long before they watched him release her and pick her up, her body remaining limp and too weak now to struggle. So weakened was she that when he lifted her so she could drink, her strike into his vein was a weak one, piercing it only just enough to get the blood flowing into her…slowly. His words were coming from far away as she drank, her eyes drooping down as she fed and she gave into the exhaustion engulfing her even as she pulled back, unable to take no more blood into her.

Sighs were heard around the room as they watched her feed. Their worry still there, but lessoned now that it was obvious there was someone there that could easily handle her. And judging by the hulking giant’s smile enjoyed doing so.

The doors crashed open violently, the small dynamic, obviously teenaged, figure scowled. She noted the head rolling along the floor and glanced around, spotting her mother being restrained in a giant man’s? arms, “put her down,” she growled, her fist slamming into and shattering the table she stood near, “or I’ll crush you,” her powers flared and smashed into everything around her in a large radius in her rage at seeing her mother in that condition.

The bartender walked cautiously over towards her, putting up a shield and attempted to calm her down, “Calla…your moth..,” is as far as he got before her power hit him and sent him flying backwards and into a wall leaving him breathless and muttering, throwing his voice over to Vultrin, “she’s so difficult to deal with in this temper. I leave her to you, Sir!”

The little red-head stood in the center of her own vortex of power, her slashing silver green eyes glowing with power and rage as she stared up at the man hurting her mother.
Back to top Go down
Auroch
Auroch

Lavelia's Tavern Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lavelia's Tavern   Lavelia's Tavern Icon_minitimeTue Apr 29, 2008 9:00 pm

*As Lavelia drew away from his neck, he cradled her gently. He had just been about to lay her back on the table to sleep and heal, when the door slammed open. He had not been expecting such a child to enter. Considering the child looked like Lavelia, Except for that shocking red hair and strength. He shook his head, until he remembered the one thought he had found within Lavelia.

He smiled deeply as he looked at the girl; Calla the bartender had called her. She was a young version of him, at least to his own eyes. However, he saw much of Lavelia in her as well. He looked at the table she had destroyed with a single hit. He spoke softly and unconcerned by her actions. He gently laid Lavelia down as he had planned too.*

“You waste too much of your power striking that way, Calla”

*He did not care how she took his words. Because he spun from the table faster then thought. He attempted to catch her by the front of the shirt and lift her off the ground. It would not deter her one way or the other he was sure. In her anger, she had missed something very important. She missed everything about him it would seem.*

“Or Should I call you Calla Vela Mulciber, Young lady?”

*his tone was not exactly stern, but it was not gentle either. If he was holding her at eye level by her shirt, he had no idea how she would take it. He wondered if she would even question how he knew her full name. Something he should not have known at all. I did not matter to him though she would learn her place. If he was holding her up, regardless of her fighting. He sat suddenly on a table and attempted to pull her over his knee. It would seem she was about to get a spanking from her dad. He had a feeling she was not going to enjoy this meeting.*

“Your getting a little big for your britches, Missy. Are you off your Bloody Rocker? Where do you think you get all that power? Hmm? You think it magically appeared a year ago at the earliest? A spanking is what you need, you spoiled brat. “

*He had his free hand raised and ready to give her a spanking she will regret. He was kind of glad Lavelia was unable to do anything now. Otherwise, she may have something to say to him about it. Ohh well, she was sleeping on the job and Vultrin dearly wanted to sleep. He had to deal with Calla first though. It would not be a good first impression.*

“Calla Vela Mulciber. Whining and throwing temper tantrums. Someone should have given you a spanking a long time ago. To bad your mother didn’t even bother to tell me you were born. If she had you would have grown up a bit differently.”

*He seemed upset now. Though he was exhausted, the spankings would still hurt. Much to her dismay, he was certain.*
Back to top Go down
Lavelia
Admin
Admin
Lavelia

Lavelia's Tavern Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lavelia's Tavern   Lavelia's Tavern Icon_minitimeTue Apr 29, 2008 10:10 pm

Calla’s power swirled out, catching tables and chairs and grinding them to dust with her vortex. Groans could faintly be heard at the destruction by the bartender and those that worked in the bar exclusively. Her coppery red hair…was the only part of her that was not a match to her mother. The pale almost moon kissed skin, the slashing silver-green eyes and petite build were all her mother, but that hair…was a gift from her father. She watched as he laid her mother on the table, in her eyes she saw him discard her mother which only served to enrage her further.

“I don’t give a shit what you say,” she shouted at him, “you hurt my mom! I’ll kill you for it,” and her power jumped another notch or two as her anger grew. Her eyes widened as he just suddenly vanished from in front of the table and she found herself lifted up off her feet by her shirt. Her face darkened in outrage, “how DARE you put your filthy mongrel hands on me! You Neanderthal,” she screamed into his face, her hands pummeling him wherever she could strike.

“I don’t know how you know my name,” she shrieked, “but if you don’t unhand me this instant…I’ll make u wish you’d never been born,” she swung her fist towards his head, kicking out with her leg in an attempt to hit his jewels even as her hand made contact with his head, shrieking in pain now as well as anger, “kill you…I’ll kill you.” she sucked the raging power into herself, preparing to launch it at him when she was shifted across his knee, “don’t you dare,” she warned him before yelling to the vampires that served her mother, “don’t just stand there gaping, kill this guy,” inadvertently unleashing that now stored power and sending it out in every direction, including towards the table where her mother lay.
Back to top Go down
Auroch
Auroch

Lavelia's Tavern Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lavelia's Tavern   Lavelia's Tavern Icon_minitimeWed Apr 30, 2008 1:53 am

*Vultrin took every curse and strike stoically; he doubted she managed to do anything but herself. He pulled her mini skirt up, exposing her backside. Spit into his hand and smacked her bare backside. He left a very large, red, handprint. Then he did it repeatedly until she got the point. She was a naughty child and should learn manners. He doubted she saw it that way. It was not his fault that she had deserved this a long time.*

“Calla, I know your name because I am your father. However, your mother kept it from me. I did not know until I received a distress call from someone on a coded frequency. I am guessing it was the bartender. That being said, I came to find your mother near death. The fool Edmund is dead because he tried to kill her.”

*He didn’t stop giving the spanking. Even as she sent out the vortex of energy. Shattering tables and the like, he did not stop. He was absorbing the energy she used to create the vortex. He stopped it from hurting Lavelia, her or him. Or anyone else in the room for that matter. She was beginning to get on his nerves and he did not like it. He was tired, cranky and soon to be even more upset if she did not stop her tantrum.*

“You will behave, or you will not be able to sit for a week. Your mother needs rest or she will never get better. She needs healing, but I am too exhausted to heal her at this time. I need rest and so does she. You were about ten minute’s too late, calla.”

*he was growling as well now. His strong arm was beginning to tire. She was a lot like him it would seem. She could take a hit and keep on going.*
Back to top Go down
Lavelia
Admin
Admin
Lavelia

Lavelia's Tavern Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lavelia's Tavern   Lavelia's Tavern Icon_minitimeWed Apr 30, 2008 2:39 am

Calla shrieked as his hand impacts on her bare bottom, her eyes tearing, “I don’t have a father! I don’t want a father! And I see no reason to believe your lies!,” her voice went silent as she began shrieking to him, mind to mind, “I hate you, I don’t believe you! She tried to call to you! You never answered cuzz u never cared about her!”

The staff continued cleaning, some glancing over at the scene, small smiles filling their faces as ‘the spoiled brat’ got her comeupance.

Lavelia moaned, the screams of her daughter calling her out of her slumber. She fought against the sleep that dragged at her, glancing over towards where the screams were coming from noticing that her daughter was over someone’s knee, her vision fading in and out making it difficult for her to recognize the hulking form though for some reason his scent was familiar.

In an attempt to aid her daughter she slid her body off the table weakly landing in a heap on the floor. Involuntarily she cried out from the pain she encountered as she hit. Her voice rang weakly, “Tsunami, Tsunami, some one is hurting my Calla. Vultrin would be so angry if she came to harm,” she began to sob, “Tsunami, Tsunami, please…,” her voice faded, her body shaking with the force of her sorrow even as she sank back into a slumber that brought her no surcease.

The bartender, busy giving orders and helping the staff fix the mess Calla made didn’t notice Lavelia’s awakening, so busy trying to get the place ready for the next night’s opening. The staff bustled out the door and into the storage room, where there were many many tables and chairs stacked, each grabbing one or the other when they heard a *snick* and a *click* which brought a groan to the bartender’s lips, “damn it! I told you to fix the damn door last week!”
Back to top Go down
Auroch
Auroch

Lavelia's Tavern Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lavelia's Tavern   Lavelia's Tavern Icon_minitimeWed Apr 30, 2008 2:39 pm

*Vultrin growled at her. Her spanking if anything got worse right then. At her mental intrusion, he snarled and put energy into his arm so she would really feel the next two to three spankings she got. He was getting tired of her attitude. She had no idea what was really happening. *

“You think so? Why am I here now then? I never got any calls from her asking me to come. I had not even heard from her until I got the distress signal that something was wrong. I was too tired at the time to realize that it was not coming in the way it usually was. “

*He dropped her unceremoniously on the floor. His energy was returning. Nevertheless, he still needed sleep and a lot of it. He heard Lavelia’s voice near them even as he was dropping Calla to the floor. He moved as quickly as he could to her side. Lifting her up gently and cradling her close. He was kneeling on the floor, with his back to Calla. He nuzzled against Lavelia’s cheek.

A sigh escapes his lips, and then he felt something was wrong. He was temple to temple with Lavelia. He could not even sense her right now with his mind. He used a small energy probe to check her mind. Then a growl emanated up from deep in his chest. Someone had tampered with their connection.*

“Calla, come here now. I need your energy or I can guide your energy into something useful. I don’t have time for your whining and crying. Your mother needs you right now and your too busy acting like the spoiled child you are. The reason I did not hear her calling for me is that someone blocked the connection. I have no idea who, but I need your help; otherwise I will likely pass out here in the way. You are likely the only one strong enough to move me in this entire area. “

*he also heard the “snick” and the “click” of a door, but had no idea why they groaned about it. He had much more important things on his mind then a door opening. Depending on who was entering said door anyways. But since Lavelia was his first priority. He had to trust Calla would help him, since it was to help her mother. He felt odd now. He honestly could not remember ever being this tired. He knew he had felt this way at times. But that was nearly another lifetime. He needed to find a source of energy to replenish his diminishing stores. His body automatically drew in more energy, but such a little amount couldn’t sustain the need he had at the moment.*
Back to top Go down
Lavelia
Admin
Admin
Lavelia

Lavelia's Tavern Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lavelia's Tavern   Lavelia's Tavern Icon_minitimeWed Apr 30, 2008 5:35 pm

Calla continued shrieking at him mind to mind, “I’m not listening! I hate you! I hate you! I hate you for what you’ve done to my mother! I hate what you’ve done! I HATE YOU,” those last three words raged through her mind and into his even as he put more oomph into his hits on her behind, “I don’t believe you! I heard her, calling you! She thought you were dead! You crippled her! You made her weak! Then, when Tsunami died, she was left with no one!,” her mental tone darkened and went almost whisper soft her rage was so profound and, had she been in a position where he could see her eyes, they darkened going so dark a green as to be almost mistaken for black, “you got the best of her…and I, I grew up having to pick up the pieces that you destroyed in her,” her mental tone, still dark turned to a roar, “HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO FIX HER NOW!,” her helplessness at the situation apparent now in her mental tone even as she was dropped to the floor, landing on her side.

Calla scrambled to her feet, pulling her panties up and her skirt down, giving her sore posterior a rub even as she scrubbed at the tears streaming down her cheeks. So self absorbed was she that she didn’t hear her mother’s voice until the very last word. She saw him kneel, his back to her and her eyes lit with an unholy glee uncaring now of how her mother was doing. Her rage was so all consuming, she couldn’t see the situation in front of her in any kind of light other than wrong.

No longer in a headspace where she could hear him, so much sorrow, pain, and rage that she was lost in it, drowning, seeking only to take it out on the man kneeling next to her mother. All those dark emotions called on powers that should have stayed dormant until she was much older and trained to handle it, building swiftly to a crescendo the air crackling around her with the force of it and in her mind, deep in, where the lost child that she truly was resided, screamed telepathically to the only one who could possibly help her, “DADDY,” finding a special channel in her mind for him and him alone even as the power blasted from her towards him; a large, glowing, crackling, dense orb of blackish purple energy heading straight for his back even as, with the release of the energy, she crumpled.

Oblivious to what was going on in the other room they pounded on the door, slowly falling silent as they sensed the energy building. One of the waiters stared at the door, eyes widening, “uh oh,” was all he said and he got down on the ground and covered his head…something in him telling him that something bad was coming. The others nodded, even the bartender, and all followed suit, putting down the stuff they were holding and taking up a position on the floor, hands over their heads. Their only thoughts now being, “oh shit,” “what the hell,” and from one cowardly steward, “please don’t let me die.”
Back to top Go down
Auroch
Auroch

Lavelia's Tavern Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lavelia's Tavern   Lavelia's Tavern Icon_minitimeWed Apr 30, 2008 7:11 pm

*He didn’t notice what was going on behind him. His thoughts and attention were completely on Lavelia. He did feel the mental shriek from her though. He didn’t turn as he felt the immense energy swell within her. He did feel her need of him though. The scared child needed him.

He felt the ball of energy strike him full on in the back. He felt his energy stores over flow, as they had not in a year. He suddenly felt wide-awake as he looked back to his now collapsed daughter. The forcing of energy had been nearly erased. He would need rest, but nowhere near as much as he would have needed.

His thoughts moved back to Lavelia. Gold colored energy sprang up around his body. He let the energy engulf her, even as he added blue energy for the mind. He was restoring her mind and body. Something he was incapable of doing before this. To speed things up he laid a second layer of healing on her. The second layer was regeneration. To replace what she no longer seemed to have. After repairing her mind, he re-established their mind link. I hope that that would allow things to work out more smoothly from now on.

He cradled her gently as the layers of energy sank into her skin. He stroked her cheek gently and wondered if she would wake up soon. Wanting to see her smiling face again before he needed to sleep.*

“Lavelia? Wake up dear. I am here and you are better. Please wake up.”

*he wasn’t sure if he had done enough to allow her to wake, but he was hesitant to try anything else. It was not an easy situation for him right now. He also needed to check on his daughter. He wished someone would stop that banging. It was giving him a headache. He looked around slowly. Lifting up Lavelia and carrying her with him towards the door.
He went to pull the door open gently and managed to rip the thing off its hinges. He looked from Lavelia to the door in his one hand. His muscle control was mediocre at best it would seem. Unable to control his strength enough to open a door without tearing it right off the hinges seemed a bad thing to him. *

“I need sleep, but not until after I check on my daughter.”
Back to top Go down
Lavelia
Admin
Admin
Lavelia

Lavelia's Tavern Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lavelia's Tavern   Lavelia's Tavern Icon_minitimeWed Apr 30, 2008 11:07 pm

Calla’s body hit the floor with a thump, the energy so much more than her usual amount overwhelming her consciousness as it left her body.

Lavelia almost heaved a sigh of relief as the healing energy filled her body and easing her pain, even through the depths of the slumber she was in. Her mind was not so easily healed though, even as her damaged psyche was surrounded by the blue energy her mind attempted to reject it.

Without the shielding she had learned so long ago though the healing energy took effect, pushing past the weak attempts to push it away. Engulfed in the blue energy her mind began to heal…and a door that had been concealed in her mind was revealed. Heavy chains and many locks covered the door in her mind, the small symbolic figure plucked at them weakly even as the blue energy engulfed her, stalling and stopping at the door.

The small symbolic figure, the child sized version of Lavelia began to float on an ebb of blue energy, the cracks in her skin shoring together, as she returned to the center of the room, retaking her proper place.

As her mind healed, and the second regeneration healing was settled on her, small minute pain lines that had edged her eyes and mouth fading and she sighed in her sleep, relaxing against the one who’s scent was so familiar, one of her delicately boned hands coming to curl into the fabric of his shirt. In her mind she whispered sleepily, “…beloved…Vultrin..,” and she opened her eyes for but a moment to stare up at the hulking giant before her dark lashes drifted back down to her pale moon kissed skin. She shook her head a little bit and her eyes drifted open once again, wanting to ensure that it wasn’t a dream or illusion, “…….you’re here,” she stared up at him, fighting at the restorative slumber that kept pulling at her, “I…I thought you dead…,” tears filled her voice and began a slow fall from her eyes as her lids drifted closed, the regeneration drawing her down into healing slumber.

As the door was ripped from the hinges, the Vampires laying defensively on the floor uncovered their heads and looked up, gaping at the door hanging from Vultrin’s hand. The bartender scrambled up and went quickly to him, “thank you My Lord,” then to the others, “get your lazy asses up! We have work to do before we can open tomorrow night,” he nodded absently towards Vultrin mumbling to him absently, “yes My Lord,” before turning his attention fully to the others behind him.
Back to top Go down
Auroch
Auroch

Lavelia's Tavern Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lavelia's Tavern   Lavelia's Tavern Icon_minitimeThu May 01, 2008 12:20 am

*Vultrin smiled as Lavelia awoke. He stroked her hair gently as she spoke. He kissed her tenderly, before she could fall into the healing slumber. He sighed and looked at the bartender. Knowing there was a question he needed to ask now. He set down the door first though.*

“Can you take Lavelia up to her bed? I will tend too Calla and then join Lavelia. Ohh and Please set up a cot in the bedroom.”

*He handed her to him and then moved to check on calla. Lifting her up gently and cradling her to him. Carrying her upstairs after the tender, He let energy trickle into her. He started to refill her used stores of energy. *He stroked her red hair gently. Noticing more similarities between him and her. Not only the temper, but also physical and emotional traits.

He shook his head as he made it the stairs. He had to lighten his weight just to go up them. It was always a hassle to remember such little details. He would have broken through completely if he had not altered his massive weight. His body was so dense that he would have fallen a long way without stopping. He shook his head lightly and looked for Lavelia’s room and the cot he had asked for. Knowing it would be best for calla to wake up close to her mother.

After he had laid her down, he removed her boots. Setting them next to the cot, he covered her up with a blanket and tucked in the sides to make sure she was comfortable. He removed his boots and vest. He set the boots at the end of Lavelia’s bed. His vest folded and put on the nightstand.

He climbed in next to Lavelia and blew out the lights that were left for them. He drew Lavelia close and fell into a deep sleep. Akin to what vampires call torpor. He had no idea how long he would sleep. He had to let his body heal though.*
Back to top Go down
Lavelia
Admin
Admin
Lavelia

Lavelia's Tavern Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lavelia's Tavern   Lavelia's Tavern Icon_minitimeThu May 01, 2008 3:46 am

The bartender turned and accepted his Lady readily, moving across the room and up the stairs, settling her gently into her bed, leaving room in the oversized bed for Lord Vultrin. The worry that had filled the tavern and himself slowly dissipated as he bustled around, pulling out a cot and setting it up before rushing downstairs, now very determined to get the tavern back in order so that they could open sooner, rather than later.

It took them nearly a three nights to clean up the mess and return the tavern to serving order, but now the tavern was open and steadily filling with customers. The bartender and the staff were nearly their happy jovial selves, just a small bit of worry left as their Lady slumbered. At one point, the bartender climbed the stairs and checked on the slumbering trio, before the tavern opened but finding them deep in slumber retreated as silently as he had come.

Lavelia awoke slowly to find her head resting on a very large, very familiar chest, her body curled into his side, her hand so small against his chest. Pushing up, she grimaced just a little…it felt like she’d been asleep in one single position for just days. Rising up, careful not to disturb the man sleeping so peacefully beside her.

As she left the bed she bumped into the cot, causing her daughter to murmer in her sleep. A rare, gentle smile filled her face as she caressed her daughter’s cheek, pushing a strand of hair off to the side.

She stood on shaky legs moving back a small bit to scoot between the cot and the bed. She went into her giant sized bathroom…large enough to fit her Vultrin and a small army. Undressing swiftly she jumped into the shower, not bothering to take time out for a longer much more enjoyable bath, scrubbing up swiftly and out, wrapping herself in her black silk robe, hanging from the hook on the stone wall.

Not stopping now, she exited the room, her bare feet making no sound on the stone floor as she glided towards the myriad conversations and sounds of a full pub in search of the sustenance that she knew awaited her at the bar. All the sounds drifted to silence as she made her appearance in the tavern and moved to the bar, her form ethereal and pale and drawing all attention. Her blood red hair lay heavily against her robe as she moved, the water weighing it down.

She gestured to the bartender silently, and ever prepared he handed her a black wine bottle and black glass. She turned, nodding to the people around her as she moved silently back through the room and glided up the stairs. It was a moment before sound returned to the room…the conversations slowly starting up and a tingling of joy fills up the space.

Slipping silently back into the room she set the glass down, opting instead to drink straight from the bottle. The slight red haze in her eyes fading as she took the nourishment the blood in the bottle gave her, drinking until it was empty and she stood there, her arm dropping down as her body absorbed the nourishment the bottle hanging loosely, her head hanging back…deep insider her mind, a remnant of that blue healing energy pressed against the unnatural door…her skin almost gleamed as her body absorbed the nourishment.
Back to top Go down
Auroch
Auroch

Lavelia's Tavern Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lavelia's Tavern   Lavelia's Tavern Icon_minitimeThu May 01, 2008 2:49 pm

*Vultrin awoke while she was downstairs. Shaking his massive head and sitting up, swinging his feet over the side of the bed and looking around. He had already noticed that Lavelia was up and about. However, Calla still slumbered peacefully. He smiled as he stood up. Stroking her hair gently and then kissing her forehead. He then moved into the bathroom and closed the door. He looked in the mirror and was afraid he would crack it.

A groan issued forth as his personal kit appeared next to him. He opened it up displaying a much larger kit then most had. He took out his shaving lather and straight razor. He worked up the lather and gently applied it to the stubble that had grown over three days of sleeping. He lifted the stropping strap and ran the razor slowly back and forth over it. Getting the razor as sharp as possible. He held it up and looked at it a few times before it was ready to use.

When he was satisfied, he made quick, but precise strokes over his face. It always made him wonder how people could use those flimsy disposable razors. It took forever to shave with them and they were worthless after one use. Well at least for him they were worthless. The straight razor was so much more efficient. Especially since, he needed an average of three hours to do his hair.

When he was finished, he wiped the excess lather from his face and looked in the mirror with a nod. He put his shaving kit away and pulled out four bottles of special shampoo, and four bottles of special conditioner. This was for only his hair. From there he added several smaller vials of some unknown substance. Three bottles of special body wash and an assortment of combs and brushes that would make the most well groomed lady faint at the sight of.

He removed his pants and folded them neatly. Selecting a fresh pair of clothes from his kit and setting them on the chair. Moving into the shower area, he placed the bottles of body wash and one of the vials. He washed as quickly as possible. Discarding each bottle as it became empty. Leaving the vial for last. The vial contained a synthetic scent created by the dreadnoughts. The entire bathroom would smell like wild flowers, at least until he opened the next vial. It was crucial he used them in the right order to get the most benefit from the scent.

He used the next half hour to prepare his hair to be washed. Just wetting it down had to be done correctly. First removing the braids and getting all the tangles and snarls out of it.
Wetting it down was actually the last stage of the process he performed every morning, if possible. His hair was his one vanity. Once he had it ready he opened a second vial, the scent from this one was earthy and rich, and it complimented the wild flowers scent perfectly. Making a blended scent that most readily enjoyed. That he applied directly to his hair. The vial was highly potent and would withstand the washing. Next, he used the four bottles of shampoo. So far he had taking close to two hours total in the bathroom. It would be another two hours till he had completed washing his hair.

He rinsed his hair carefully, removing all of the soap suds. Doing several rinses to make sure he got all of the shampoo out of his hair. He uses the conditioner then, two bottles on the first cycles and two bottles on the second cycle. He typically conditioned his hair twice. Sometimes three times if he felt it needed it. Today though he only used two cycles. Then a full rinse cycle. Elapsed time total since entering the bathroom was three and a half hours.

Vultrin would never use a hair dryer. But he still had one vial left to use too. He opened the last vial, it had the scent of pure warmth. It was the third and final one he would use for the day. He poured it on slowly, letting his hair and skin absorb it and the great completion to his overall scent. It also dried his hair for him. The water evaporating from the heat energy used within the vial.

He smiled as he felt refreshed. Moving back to the mirror, he braided his hair in the fashion Lavelia always preferred him to wear it. Getting dressed quickly, even though every set of clothes he had was identical. He packed up his kit and moved into the other room. Disposing of the used clothes. They went somewhere to be cleaned, processed, and then returned to his kit for another use. He seemed to be missing something though, which would be apparent a few moments later he was sure.*
Back to top Go down
Lavelia
Admin
Admin
Lavelia

Lavelia's Tavern Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lavelia's Tavern   Lavelia's Tavern Icon_minitimeThu May 01, 2008 7:49 pm

Her head tipped back up, her silver-green eyes opening. She sat the bottle down on the vanity and proceeded to the walk in closet in her room. Allowing the black silk robe to fall from her shoulders, she stood pale but now steady on her feet, her legs just a little shaky yet. As the cloth caressed her skin as it fell to the floor she attempted to contact the bartender mind to mind, to order him to fix her something to eat and to prepare a nourishing meal for Calla, when she almost cried out from the sheer agony doing so caused. Falling to her knees her hands clutching her head silently for a few moments until the pain eased, she slowly stood up being very careful of her aching head.

Gliding across the floor she approached the dresser that held her underclothes. Opening the drawer she pulled out a matching set of black silk bra and panties, and donned them. Then she walked over to the racks where her leather pants hung in almost a rainbow of hues. She snatched a black pair off of the hanger and tossed them on, then moved on down the line to her collection of silk shirts. Generally she chose the emerald ones to wear, though she had all sorts of color options, but today, for some reason she chose the black one with the silver embroidery. Tossing it on and letting it fall into place, the shirt fit her perfectly, except that some would say that it was a tad too long since the hem brushed her mid thigh. Reaching over she grabbed a silver string belt and tied it loosely to the right on her waist, allowing the long ends to dangle against her leg. Tossing on her combat boots completed the ensemble.

Exiting to the bedroom she took note now that he was up and in the bathroom considering the sounds of the shower that were, though muted, picked up by her keen hearing…and the scent…it drifted out from beneath the small crack between the door and the floor…she inhaled deeply, a soft smile coming unbeknownst to her lips at the oh so familiar smell of wild flowers, combined with an earthy almost rich scent overlying it, a smell that was so totally Vultrin.

Giving herself a shake, she left the room, noting that her daughter was still slumbering peacefully as she exited, knowing it would be quite a while before Vultrin left the bathroom…the length of time it took him…even outstripped her lengthy time dressing…making it seem more like minutes than the almost hour it really took. She took the stairs two at a time, her fingers brushing the macabre paintings as she passed, absently noting that her fingers found no dust upon them.

She headed straight to her office, her eyes widening at the mess on her desk. Papers and folders were piled so high, and not just on her desk, on every available surface available…even the floor itself had piles and stacks of papers rising up like mini paper mountains. She closed her eyes, an almost pained look on her face at the realization of all the time it would take to deal with the hated paperwork of the running of her tavern and the rest of the metropolis.

Maneuvering around the stacks to the back of her desk, she sighed, and pushed a stack out of the way of the chair before pulling it out and dropping into it. She lifted two stacks of papers off of her desk to make room so she could work and dropped them straight to the floor next to her deciding to deal with the rest on her desk before working through the rest.

She keyed the intercom on her desk, using it to contact the chef of the diner to have food prepared for Calla when she woke, and for him to deliver a double cheese burger and fries before hanging up on him and keying the bartender’s intercom and ordering him to make up several large shakes for Vultrin, two for Calla, and a dense blood and blood energy shake for herself to be delivered to her office…when he interrupted, “Lady Lavelia, we’re out of blood energy. There’s been no deliveries for some time, the interspatial/interdimensional portal *erm* needs your delicate touch to repair it, the battle between you an Vasmere sort of damaged it.”

She frowned at the intercom, “Vasmere? I’ve never heard that name,” she shook her head in confusion, “call Tsunami, I want him here for a conference within the hour, I don’t know where he is, but he is supposed to be training Calla in martial arts,” frowning at some odd feeling upon mention of him she shook it off and cut off the bartender’s, “but My La..,” abruptly and turning to the papers on her desk.

How much time passed as the stacks on the desk and immediately surrounding it and the chair slowly vanished Lavelia was oblivious to, the food Gordon had brought long gone, the only remnants were the crumbs on the now discarded plate and the empty glass lying on it’s side on the floor.

Upstairs Calla woke and blearily looked around, finding herself not in her room but her mother’s confused her for a minute before she got up, “ouch,” she muttered darkly as she rubbed her sore bottom as she scooted out from under the covers and headed to the bathroom, “ooh,” she said even as she gave the door a light thump, “mom I’m coming in…I want to use that shampoo,” she said as she pushed the door open, gaping at her father standing there…doing his hair of all things, “never mind,” she said flatly as she turned and made to slam the door, “I don’t want anything from you,” she said snidely, her back to him as she said it so he couldn’t get a good look at the hateful look on her face.
Back to top Go down
Auroch
Auroch

Lavelia's Tavern Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lavelia's Tavern   Lavelia's Tavern Icon_minitimeThu May 01, 2008 10:34 pm

*Vultrin turned as Calla came in. He smiled to her and laughed. He reached into his travel kit and drew out a bottle of shampoo and conditioner. He moved and set them into her hands. These weren’t the ones he used now. They were the same though, with the vials added in for time elapsed release. He preferred to control the release, but she may not notice the difference.*

“If you like them there is more, guessing your hungry too? Hoe about a couple of pure blood energy shakes? There is no use pretending your angry, I already know how you truly feel. Even if you don’t like to show it.”

*He lifted his hand and it vanished. When it reappeared, he was holding a large, blue cooler. Setting it down, he opened it up. He never left home without his cooler. He lifted out a few of the energy shakes. Four large ones of pure energy for him and two blood energy ones for her. Knowing she needed energy as well to keep going. He closed the cooler and let it vanish. Wondering if she would take the gifts he was giving her. *

“I am not a bad guy you know, things happened and there was no way to repair them until now. I didn’t leave because I of you. I didn’t know you existed until now. But we have a chance to correct that, you and I. Give me a chance and get to know me. So I can get to know you. We can continue your training and you can advance further. You may even get to be more powerful then me someday.”

*He wasn’t sure if she was listening or not, but he had to try and get through to her. He also wondered where Lavelia had gone off too. He smiled slightly as he drank his breakfast. Then looked around the room.*

“Where is your mother hiding, she was up before I was and hasn’t been back I don’t think. Hoping you know where she is?”
Back to top Go down
Lavelia
Admin
Admin
Lavelia

Lavelia's Tavern Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lavelia's Tavern   Lavelia's Tavern Icon_minitimeFri May 02, 2008 12:09 am

Calla accepted the shampoo and conditioner grudgingly. Her eyes widened as a large blue cooler appeared out of absolutely nowhere, and she watched with open curiosity as he lifted six shakes out and closed the cooler, disappearing the same way it came.

She grabbed the two shakes meant for her, setting one on the counter next to her and lifting the other to drink, like her mother, when something smelled good, her eyes closed and a little smile made it’s way to her lips which caused her small fangs to peek out just a bit. She took the first sip with her eyes closed, decided she liked it and guzzled the rest very fast slamming the empty glass on the counter. Picking up the second glass she drank that even faster, only half listening to him speak as she polished off the second one and slammed it down on the counter.

The offer to train almost slipped by her…almost. That single word hit on a whole world of hurt though, bringing the rage back up to the surface and bubbling out causing an almost miraculous shift in her expression as she ground out, ”Tsunami trains me,” her whispered words going swiftly into yelling, “I don’t ever plan to train! Never again! Just…,” she turned to the door at almost a run, “LEAVE ME ALONE!,” she shrieked, slamming out the bathroom door, through her mother’s door sending vibrations radiating up the wall as the door was slammed behind her. She raced down the hall to her room, threw open the door and slammed it shut, giving it a kick just for emphasis.

A growl erupted from her, and she began to hurl things around. Vanity, dresser, even bed went flying across her room in every direction. A crash and the sound of glass breaking caused her to turn and investigate. A broken frame with a photo half out of it turned her growl into a scream full of soul deep sorrow as she picked up the picture.

In it a smiling Calla and a grinning Tsunami were standing, his arm draped loosely around her neck while the other hand was ruffling her hair. She dropped to the floor, the picture fluttering down to land near her, on her knees her head almost touching them and her arms wrapped around herself as she rocked back and forth. While her mind screamed out for the big brother she lost, “Tsunami…….”
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Lavelia's Tavern Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lavelia's Tavern   Lavelia's Tavern Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Lavelia's Tavern
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next