Writer's Haven

Welcome writers! Come, read, write, chat, and role play if you want.
 
HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 
 

 Starry Night, Fateful Encounter...Perhaps...

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Lavelia
Admin
Admin
avatar

Number of posts : 230
Age : 40
Location : Georgia now :P What can I say...I get around :P
Registration date : 2008-03-29

PostSubject: Starry Night, Fateful Encounter...Perhaps...   Fri Jan 13, 2012 1:12 am

Jacey stared out at the night calmly. Scenery passed as the train moved through the semi-barren terrain. Her eyes scanned the occupants riding in the car with her. Women and children who'd seen better days, the lot of them. Everyone had a layer of grime as the train took them to the next refugee camp. Lately she'd been feeling a strange buzzing around her, inside her. It increased daily. Things were so normal now. Almost frighteningly so. The buzz increased and increased and around her a blueish aura began to shine. She closed her eyes. Kept them closed. Until she felt cool wind blow upon her bare arms. Startled she glanced around, "what the? What the hell??!?!?"

The train was gone. Stars twinkled in the overhead skies, though she didn't recognize them at all. Even the sky was different. Hanging larger than life overhead was a white-silver orb she'd learned in school, while it had lasted, was called a moon. But, where she was from had no moon. Not anymore. Not since the last large battle between Tersia's forces and Zenda's forces had clashed. The moon had been collateral. And her world had been yet more collateral. Debris from the moon had turned her happy, safe world into a struggle for everything. Two of the continents had been rendered completely unlivable. The other two larger ones had been broken up in a violent cataclysm. She'd been away from home at the time.

When she'd finally made her way home, it had taken months, her neighborhood had been turned into a large crater. Her home had been dead center. Ground zero of the impact. She'd been told by authorities that there was no way her family had survived. She'd lost parents, a brother and sister, and a younger baby sister. All gone. In an instant. All because of them. They couldnt keep the war in their own worlds. Worse. After things had calmed down large ships had landed on the various continents and many people had been taken. Fodder for the larger cannon of war. She'd been smart. She'd seen those ships that announced over the damaged radio systems that they were here to help and had ran. Far. As fast as she could. She might only be fourteen but she wasn't as stupid as many of those that went.

The wind blew and she shivered. It was cold here. There were a lot of trees and unfamiliar grasses and flowers. Staring around Jacey just sighed. Somehow she had a feeling things had just gotten worse. Especially as the horse came rushing towards her and she found herself grabbed by a large man. He looked to be a heathen, really, though he was cleaner than she. She struggled until a strong hand came down on the back of her neck and everything went black.

She awoke to find herself wearing skimpy clothing she'd never wear on a normal day. Her skin shone, which attested to the fact that she'd been bathed, and her hair flowed down her back in a black waterfall of lush thick hair. Staring down at her she seemed to be wearing a cross between a bikini and a toga and really, her nose wrinkled, it was horrible. Her hands were tied in front of her, her legs were free. But a tug on the bindings caused a bell to tinkle somewhere just out of sight and then the rope began to pull her forward, forcing her to move or be dragged. She moved and soon found herself staring outward into a sea of faces as a strange voice, deep and heavily inflected, stated, "Now. What will you give me for this beautifully pure specimen? Guaranteed to never have been ridden, pure as the day she was born, and just as beautiful as the most precious of dolls. With the right training we are certain she will be a wonderful sex slave."

Horror dawned on her face, in her eyes, and she tried to run but got nowhere. She was tightly bound and the harder she struggled the tighter the bindings until blood dribbled down and dripped to the floor. The 'salesman' smiled out, "Yes. You see correctly. Her blood bleeds red. Truly a rare thing. One of her kind hasn't been seen for nigh on centuries folks! So! I believe we shall start the bidding at Ten Thousand Parsecs!"
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://lostmagiciangrl.darkbb.com
Midnight_Owl



Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2012-01-19

PostSubject: Enter - Zach Belouve   Fri Jan 20, 2012 3:19 pm

Zach rode down the moderately busy street, the trickle of people parting ways as he and Felidor made their way through. Looking around, Zach reaches forward and scratches and pats Felidor at the base of his neck,"We should be out of here pretty quickly my friend. We just need to find what we're here for." With that, Zach reaches into a small bag on his side and pulls out a small folded bit of parchment. Unfolding it, he reads the bill posting.

Zach,

We've heard tell of a black market opening up,
generating funds for rebel groups and bandits in the area.

Your mission is to find this market and shut it down.
Bring order to those rebels leading it.

- House Belouve


Zach sighs heavily. When will these rebels learn?... He looks around, up and down the side alleyways that branch off the street as he continues along the bazaar, seeing little that might clue them into the whereabouts of their target. Felidor snorts and growls low, sensing his rider's dismay as they continue their search, then suddenly stops and raises his head. Zach, noticing his behavior leans forward, whispers softly... "What is it Felidor... What do you hear..." Zach sits back up and strains his own hearing, trying to sort through the dull roar of commotion from the passerby in the bazaar. Just as he's about to give up and urge his mount forward, he hears a faint voice, carried on the wind. "Now. What will you give me for this beautifully pure specimen?...."

Zach takes Felidor's reigns and urges him slowly down an alleyway, hearing the voices of the bazaar grow slowly quieter, while the noise he's chasing that was faint, grows steadily louder. Zach dismounts and walks around infront of Felidor, turning to him as he kneels down. "Felidor, I need you to take a message to the rest of the patrol in the area. I think we've found our target. Be quick, we may need to make a hasty escape if this does not go as planned."

Zach pulls out another bit of parchment and quill and scratches out a note for the patrol waiting on the outskirts of the city.

Commander,

I believe I've found the whereabouts of the black market,
I'm going to try to flush them out, be ready at the gates if
we should need to make a hasty exit, or to pick up deserters.

- Zach


He pulls out his map and marks the location with an X, then folds the map into the note and tucks it behind Felidor's helm.

"Be quick Felidor..." Zach whispers as he watches his mount rush quickly away, leaping up onto rooftops and disappearing into the distance.

Alright... This isn't going to be a problem. Here it goes...

Zach continues down the alley as the noises grow louder, he stops outside a building with boarded windows, but the door is ajar, and the voices seem to be coming from within. Drawing his cloak tightly around him and pulling his hood up over his head, he slips quietly into the back of the crowd of people, all faces looking with awe up at the goings-on at the other end of the room. Glancing over, Zach notices what has their attention. A young, frightfully beautiful young lady stands next to the marketeer, her wrists tied and apparently being sold to the highest bidder. His thoughts are confirmed as the marketeer's deep voice hollers out over the crowd.

"Yes. You see correctly. Her blood bleeds red. Truly a rare thing. One of her kind hasn't been seen for nigh on centuries folks! So! I believe we shall start the bidding at Ten Thousand Parsecs!"

Zach glances subtly around the room, not moving his head, just surveying the crowd and the surrounding area with his eyes. He sees another door on the other end of the building, a few windows that are all boarded closed, and hears what sounds like someone coming down a flight of stairs out of sight. Zach quietly slips back out of the door behind him and quickly makes his way around the back of the building. Glancing in through the cracks between boards that block out the window, Zach peers in to see that he's on the other end of the room, and the door behind the young girl and grizzled marketeer must lead into a back room. Quickly ducking around the corner he sees another door and boarded window. After checking what limited vision he has of the room from the cracks between the boards, Zach sneaks quietly into the back room, waiting for his chance, figuring he might be able to talk with the marketeer and at worst, would be able to spirit himself out the back door should things not go according to plan.

Alright... I'll try talking to him and see what consequences I can impress upon him. Worst case scenario, we come to arms... Wonderful...

He thinks to himself, giving a silent, dejected sigh.

I hope Felidor returns quickly. This could become quite a mess...


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Felidor bows low as his rider tucks the folded parchment behind the plate of his helm. Taking his master's instructions, and the hearing the urgency in his master's voice Felidor turns and leaps up onto a pile of crates and then jumps again up onto an nearby rooftop before racing to the outskirts of town. Taking care not to be seen he leaps from the last rooftop and races out the gate. He gives a mighty roar as he approaches the commander's post. Felidor bows low again to allow the commander to fetch the folded parchment.

Felidor stands proudly, his armor glistening in the sunlight, and waits patiently for the commander to finish reading. Afterward, on his rider's command, he runs back towards the village gate. His muscles rippling as he sprints, much to his relief, his armor causes him little to no discomfort, and has no effect on his body's abilities or reflexes. Feeling that his quickest route is via rooftops again, he leaps back up and races to where he left his rider. Felidor slinks back down into the alley without seeing his rider anywhere. Raising his head, he sniffs the air and catches a faint scent of his rider, then makes for the rooftops again. A short trip around the building has him looking down upon his master, just in time to watch him sneak into the door quietly.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lavelia
Admin
Admin
avatar

Number of posts : 230
Age : 40
Location : Georgia now :P What can I say...I get around :P
Registration date : 2008-03-29

PostSubject: Re: Starry Night, Fateful Encounter...Perhaps...   Fri Jan 20, 2012 10:25 pm

Npc Post

The Commander watched the big cat bound off for just a moment before snapping out to a group of soldiers, "Get to the gates!" His eyes turned to another group and he waved them to follow and get into an ambush positions. He himself pondered whether to add to the numbers but eventually decided not to and instead went to find a good viewing position so as to keep an eye on his men and observe their actions and reactions.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jacey

"Twenty Thousand Parsecs," a man in the front bid. Another voice chimed up, "Thirty!" The Marketeer laughed, "We're up to Thirty thousand parcecs! Thirty thousand parsecs! Do I hear Forty Thousand Parsecs?" The bidding continued with both men and women chiming in bids so fast it was hard for Jacey to keep up with it. She stared outward with pleading eyes that screamed, "Please save me!" Granted she didn't figure it'd happen. Nothing worked that way in real life. Ever. She'd learned that the day she'd heard, "Sorry kid. Yer parents are dead. Yer on yer own." She struggled against the ties again and again in a desperate attempt to break free and escape this horrific fate. "Help me! Please! Don't do this!! Please," she pleaded with the audience which only caused the bidding to get even more boisterous as the price rose upward into the hundreds of thousands of parsecs.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://lostmagiciangrl.darkbb.com
Midnight_Owl



Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2012-01-19

PostSubject: Re: Starry Night, Fateful Encounter...Perhaps...   Tue Jan 31, 2012 2:48 pm

Zach waits quietly in the shadows of the back room. Hearing and seeing no movement around him, he quietly sneaks around the room, sticking to the lengthy shadows along the wall. Seems like the coast is clear... Now to check that door... After confirming that the room was completely clear, he slinks up to the door and edges it open as quietly as he can, peering out the crack. Immediately he is rewarded with seeing the young girl and, by moving around to see a different angle through the crack, the large and burly Marketeer. From the distance, it looks like the door has a free range of motion without hitting anyone. It's now or nothing... Zach thinks to himself as he moves away from the door, then kicks it wide open while pulling his sword.

"I come in the name of House Belouve! Come with me quietly and we may be able to talk things out!" Zach shouts as he stands and brings his blade to bear, quickly stepping between the Marketeer and the girl. Zach takes hold of the rope lead and swings his blade clean through it, severing the tie. "My quarrel is with you, Marketeer, not any of these others. You'd be quite wise just to talk with me in your back room, and discuss what you know with me. Rather than turn this entire thing into a spectacle." With barely a look over his shoulder, Zach speaks in a lower, softer tone to the girl. "You're alright now. You're welcome to accompany me back to my camp, where we can sort out where you belong, and see you rightfully returned there. I'd like to ask you a couple questions, once we get you a more suitable outfit and a meal back at camp. You just have to trust me..."

He looks back into the Marketeer's eyes as his own expression hardens and his voice follows suit. "What's it going to be? Accompany me out back and discuss things like gentlemen, or turn this hideout of yours into a spectacle, and have every patron here captured and given the chance to rat you out... Hmm?" He grins, making his hardened appearance all that much more menacing. "My unit should be here most any minute, so dont try anything funny."

Zach stands with his weapon held at the ready, waiting and watching the Marketeer, keeping his focus open so to not be attacked from any side and caught off guard. He notices Felidor slink around to the other side of him, smiling with conviction. Worst case scenario, we can make our escape with Felidor here... Looks like things are going all according to plan...



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Felidor leaps down from the rooftops and pushes his way through the back door, just in time to see his master slip through the next one. Hearing the interchange between his master and the other humans, Felidor walks out of the door and growls threateningly, his golden blonde fur gleaming in the light as his muscles move like fluid beneath his skin. He takes up position on the other side of his master and the young female human behind him, obscuring her from the crowd's view. He growls menacingly as he looks at the human his rider looks to be glaring at, lowering his body as if about to run or pounce.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lavelia
Admin
Admin
avatar

Number of posts : 230
Age : 40
Location : Georgia now :P What can I say...I get around :P
Registration date : 2008-03-29

PostSubject: Re: Starry Night, Fateful Encounter...Perhaps...   Tue Jan 31, 2012 9:33 pm

"Kyaaaaaa," Jacey shrieked as the sword wielding person appeared then froze at the sight of a very big, furry, thing appeared right after. The tone got through to her more than anything else though she shrank away from the large. The words, obviously they were words, had her blinking in confusion. The only reason she'd actually understood what was going on was the fact that she'd been tied up, had skimpy clothing on, and her skin cleansed of dirt and grime.

The marketeer grinned and whipped out a very large sword, "Cheese it boys and girls. I got this pup and his pet kitty," eyes flicked to the girl, "I'll be with you momentarily sweetie, maybe I'll teach you to speak a little. Yes sir. No sir. Instead of the unintelligible cat-on-a-roof language you've been speaking. Hahaha haaahaaahaaa," and proceeded to move forward carefully towards the boy, "git ready to die boy."

Again she couldn't understand the words but the intent was obvious and so she fled towards the room she'd been in before. Two men came from the shadows there and snagged her and raced off towards the gates with her over their shoulders. The larger of the duo stated, "she's gonna net the Boss a big payout. There ain't no reason to let the girlie get taken by the shag when we can git her outta here for a sale later on, even if it's us doin the sellin. The House's dog can die on the Bosses sword."

Jacey closed her eyes in surrender. This place was frightening and unfamiliar. It seemed as though barbarism was rampant. But still...she gave a loud Scream to alert the man with the sword going after the marketeer but it was cut off as there was a sharp pain on her head and then blackness. "Stupid brat. Boss is gonna kick me hard for hurtin her but we cant have her bringin all the shag in town down on us."
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://lostmagiciangrl.darkbb.com
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Starry Night, Fateful Encounter...Perhaps...   

Back to top Go down
 
Starry Night, Fateful Encounter...Perhaps...
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» Forza 3 Late Night Series Discussion
» Night Goblin Horde FOR SALE!
» Day 4 - Werewolf 8 - Another Quiet Night
» I got so drunk last night
» Friday Night Party Thread....

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Writer's Haven :: Role Playing :: RPG-
Jump to: