Writer's Haven
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Writer's Haven

Welcome writers! Come, read, write, chat, and role play if you want.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Torral (Rp for Adam)

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Lavelia
Admin
Admin
Lavelia

Number of posts : 230
Registration date : 2008-03-29

Torral (Rp for Adam) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Torral (Rp for Adam)   Torral (Rp for Adam) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 04, 2014 1:59 pm

The healer sighed, "Look. Normally I'd simply say go ahead and get back to work but Slime Poison is tricky. I need to ensure that the injuries are healing cleanly because it's all too easy to miss the poison and have the wound close up with it in there which can cause long term illness," she glared at him, "I keep Shea asleep simply because I know her work ethic. Even as injured as she is, that girl would insist upon doing her job. So until she's healed, which will most likely take a day or so more, she's sedated. Tomorrow is soon enough for her to begin moving around. Tomorrow I'll look over your wounds and decide whether it's a good idea to allow you to work. It will not kill you to rest for another day, or two, since I will be checking your injuries on a daily basis."

With that she walked in and began checking over Shea's wounds. Two she had to reopen and re-clean as the injuries had taken on the vivid red that Slime Poison caused when a wound began to close with some left inside.

The trio of older men listened and then patted the boy on his hands, "look son, we're old. The one thing you learn when you're old is that there will always be dangers and things to worry about. The inner city can wait a few days, it's not going anywhere. Your people are suffering but right now there's not much you can do about it. You don't have a plan. You're stuck wandering here and there trying to needlessly search for something, -anything-, that can save them without knowing anything about this world outside of your own."

The speaker leaned back, "I'm sure you'll find what you're looking for. However you won't find anything by rushing around in search of everything. In fact, the more you rush and worry, the more you're likely to ~miss~ what you're looking for or overlook something important." He took a drink of his coffee, "First get yourself situated. Figure out what you need in order to survive here in this world you are so very unfamiliar with. Let yourself heal up, because you sickening and dying won't help your people at all. In fact if you die or become too ill to function you won't help your people at all."

They all three smiled even as two of them stared at their cards. They were listening but he was doing well enough that they could concentrate on the game at hand. So he continued, "You know, Shea. She isn't a warrior at all and yet everyone of the outer city dock folk see her as such. She's a great warrior even though she isn't a warrior at all. Always kind, always helpful, always working hard. Sure at first she was only on the city to get to her destination but the fates had a different trip in mind for her and she accepted it. She doesn't ever complain about the fact that she missed her destination. In fact she seldom complains at all. She fights hard and works hard and treats us all as friends. I'll ask you this to give you something to ponder on," he'd noticed the large man getting tired, just as he'd observed the expressions that crossed his face that were making it clear that the big man was questioning a lot of things, "what makes a warrior a True Warrior? Is it brawn? Is it heart? Or is it simply the courage to march onward despite what happens? Or is it something more than that?"

They watched him stand and the one who had been speaking watched and wondered if any of what he'd said had sunk in or even made an impact. "Okay boys! I'm going to win this game...~hey~...you've both been lookin at my cards haven't ya?" The other two began whistling while staring upwards or down at their cards.

The healer emerged from Shea's room just in time to see the oldest man toss his hand of cards down on the table with a very disgruntled look on his face. "You know dad you and Uncles Jo and Ray don't have to live out here on the docks, right?"

He grinned, "I like The Wall. Its closer to my fishin spot, after all. Plus this way I can watch out for those of us out here much easier. My hands don't grip a weapon like they used to. I can't haul nets now. But I can still fish and I can still take care of the ones who get injured and we can still play at cards even if your Uncles," he cut them a glare, "do cheat all the time still. This is the good life, dear, and I'm not leaving it to go to the inner city where things are more stifling."

She chuckled even as she sat down, "Shea will be awake in a couple of hours. I need to get back to the office and my apprentice will be here shortly. Make sure you give her the laced soup. I want her fully asleep until tomorrow afternoon, no exceptions." Standing she leaned forward and kissed the oldest man on his forehead, "your checkup is in two days. No missing it, dad. You're an asset to this floating city so don't be reckless, you hear me?"

He patted her cheek, "Yeah. I'll be there. Even an old fool such as myself understands that staying healthy is important, dear."

"Good," she stood and walked to the door, "have a good card game, dad."

Hours passed, the healer's apprentice came and checked wounds, doled out medication and slept. The trio left and returned several times. Day turned to night and night returned to day. Breakfast was cooking. The healer's apprentice had left to go to her own apartment in the city to clean up and the trio was now sitting down playing cards yet again.
Back to top Go down
https://lostmagiciangrl.darkbb.com
Auroch
Auroch

Number of posts : 105
Registration date : 2008-04-27

PostSubject: Re: Torral (Rp for Adam)   Torral (Rp for Adam) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2014 3:09 pm

He didn’t have answers to any of their questions. In the end, all he had was more questions and no answers. His dreams were filled with vivid and very life-like scenes. It was almost like the reading of a book. He could only see one page at a time, but each time the page was flipped, he got more information that he needed. He had lost his way and didn’t really know how to proceed. His leaving of everything he knew and held dear was hard and it caused change within him. Most of his people couldn’t have survived coming to this world. The change was simply too great. Was that why they had chosen him? Was it because he could adapt where others couldn’t? He had no answers, but his dreams were leading him somewhere. He was sure that just one more flip of the page would give him the answer he sought. So naturally, he woke just before that page turn. The dream was incomplete.

He listened for a moment with his eyes closed. He would know if anything was out of place. He shook his head and opened his eyes. Then he stood and went to the bathroom to answer the call of nature. With great difficulty, he even figured out how to use the shower to get his first hot shower. He had to smell all the stuff in there before finding a scent that wasn’t too girly. He still came out smelling vaguely of some fruit he didn’t even know what was. He had two towels wrapped around his waist, knotted at the ends, so that it was barely big enough to fit his frame. He put on clean pants and his own boots. He went through his meager supply of clothes and finally chose a simple homespun shirt. He ran a bone comb through his hair and then tied it up in a ponytail using a leather tie. He checked his face in a mirror thing. He would need a shaving kit as one of his essential items. It was too hot here for a beard.

He shrugged and went out toward the common area and kitchen. He wasn’t sure how long he had slept, but he felt very much refreshed. He stretched his arms over his head and yawned loudly. He was starved, but he didn’t want to sleep again. He had a feeling the healer had laced his food to make sure he slept. He would find out shortly he was sure. It was good to be awake and not feeling weak. His runes hadn’t activated, so his power was recharged. He was resilient to most things. He wondered idly if his people had ever encountered slime poisoning before. There was always a first time for everything. He had a feeling that they still had company. Since he was hearing sounds from the kitchen. Maybe even Shea was awake. He stepped through the doorway and looked around carefully.

“Morning, or whatever time of day it. I can never tell in this metal coffin. I want to feel the wind through my hair and the sun on my face. Even swimming would be acceptable if none of the others are to be had.”
Back to top Go down
Lavelia
Admin
Admin
Lavelia

PostSubject: Re: Torral (Rp for Adam)   Torral (Rp for Adam) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 07, 2014 11:06 am

Shea was awake and sitting at the table when he walked in. She'd fixed her own batch of food and unceremoniously dumped the leftovers that had been stored in her fridge out, "Morning." Taking a sip of her tea she smiled a bit, "today we'll be heading to the inner city. Later though. My legs feel kind of like jelly still so that'll have to happen once I can effectively walk on them," she looked him up and down, "You're looking well rested."

Gesturing to the pan on the stove she sighed, "I got food going for breakfast. I dumped all the leftovers the healer made. They're tricky and like to sedate the sick and injured people by lacing food. I don't trust it. Ever. I'll dish me up some in a minute. Eggs, bacon, sausage, and toast is up for eating this morning so help yourself." She took a few more drinks as she waited for him to get his own food before rising on less shaky legs to get some for herself, "We can swim inside the walls. The walls go down an equidistance to how tall they rise and there are nets connected all around, making it a safe swimming environment. The net completely encircles the city so that even if we're moving we won't get left behind. I'll probably just sit in the sun and rest." She sat back down with her plate, "once I'm done eating I'm going to shower and dress," she'd tossed a robe on over the gauze, "then we'll go."

She quickly ate her food, then set her plate in the sink, and went to her room to grab clothes and then into the bathroom, and shower, she went. In about a half an hour's time she was feeling somewhat better, though she did end up having to bandage up several of the injuries...so that sort of extended her stay in the bathroom. There was ONE she couldn't get to though so when she came out she had the back of her shirt up, "I need you to bandage the injury on my back, please. It's still tender, or I'd leave it be." She set gauze and tape down and turned around so he could see the injury in order to bandage it up. It spanned one side of her lower back to the other, nearly went from rib to rib. It was healing, the skin around it was pink, and the injury itself was stitched together. It was also the reason why her movements were sort of slow and jerky. Moving was not comfortable in the least.
Back to top Go down
Auroch
Auroch

PostSubject: Re: Torral (Rp for Adam)   Torral (Rp for Adam) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 07, 2014 3:20 pm

He nodded and was happy to see that she was up and moving. She seemed to have healed up rather well. He listened to her explanation as he got a portion of food to eat. He was ravenous and sure enough, she cooked enough to feed a large family. Therefore, it should be just about enough for the two of them. He had just finished eating when she came out of the bathroom needing his help. He took the gauze and tape and bandaged her back. He had no doubts why she was having trouble moving.

“They explained toothpaste to me, I thought it was paint. The Gods were merciful to you it seems, though we were very sick, they helped you overcome the Slime poisoning. I had hoped they would heal more, but divine healing can only go so far as I understand it. You fought very well against the smelly fish people. If there is a next time, we should work together. Your speed and my size could do wonders. Also, I think we could prevent more injuries if everyone of the defenders paired up with someone. Even if they formed small groups of three or four and spent time practicing together. I do believe the fish people would be less inclined to attempt the city. Your input would be greatly appreciated on this subject. I don’t know enough to know if it is a good idea or bad idea for this place.”

He finished the bandaging and let her shirt fall back into place. This idea somewhat just fell into his head when he thought of them fighting together. He knew that he could drive them back, or knock them over and she could score many quick kills that way. It also offered both of them a degree of protection that they otherwise lacked. He also pulled out a small piece of the paper that he had originally drawn the runes on. He was making a list of things he needed from the inner city. A clothes hamper, clothes, a shaving kit, he put weapons and armor with a question mark at the end. He wanted to look and see what was offered, he doubted they would have his size, but it was worth looking at the smith’s work. Next, he wrote out a list of herbs, spices and incense. He needed a small stone etching kit, as well as flat, worked stones. He needed small brushes and ink making materials, only which had to be combined by him, as it needed his blood.

He looked slowly down through his list and wondered if he would need anything else. He thought for a moment before adding fishing gear. He wanted to be able to provide some of the food for meals. He showed her his list. He had written it out in common. His handwriting was cramped, but easily legible on the page. The letters were crisp and neat. It was at this point she would realize something interesting about him. He was trained in the old way. The script had to be cramped to make room for the calligraphy. He probably didn’t know that it was unnecessary to add it unless it was a holy script. Also, he drew it fast and accurately based on the letters. It was more as if he was drawing the words instead of writing. The best description for it was a stained glass window where the words seem to come alive on the page.

“What do you think of my list for supplies? We can get the core ingredients while in the inner city. I still want to catch some big fish from the deep water. There is likely a place we can trawl fish. Hang a line out and let it run for fifty or sixty feet. That would let the speed of the city draw it for us. Then we pull in whatever takes bite first. It’s a good idea if we are allowed to do it. I have seen some of the fish as the nets are hauled up. I want to catch one that size on a line.”
Back to top Go down
Lavelia
Admin
Admin
Lavelia

PostSubject: Re: Torral (Rp for Adam)   Torral (Rp for Adam) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 07, 2014 4:53 pm

She listened and then took a look at the paper, reading the list carefully, "We can get all of this in the city, easily," she was still reading it over when he spoke of trawler lines, "there are spots on the docks that allow for long lines like those, actually. Its just a bit more expensive to buy that sort of line since its harder to make." As she looked it over she continued, "most of the dock workers and the people who live in here aren't trained warriors. I've tried talking them into training a bit but it isn't interesting to them. They do send their kids to me for training though, so that's something at least. Mostly they do it to get them out of the house, really," she laughed about it a bit, "the people who live here work to their own rhythm and do things their own way. It's just how they are, you know? I've learned to simply accept it."

She moved to the picture and tugged it back, grimacing as she did so, "ooh that does not feel good at all," she muttered even as she tugged out her key and opened the safe. Reaching in she tugged out the bag full of gems, "we'll wait until we're anchored at one of the port towns to sell the furs and ivory," she explained even as she carefully opened the bag and pulled out only a specific few...two red gems and three green ones, "we'll use these for trading in for money. These'll net you a few hundred platinum pieces and I'll ensure you don't get jipped by the merchants." Just as carefully she closed the bag and tied it off before returning it to the safe. She closed the safe and made sure it was locked and then moved back in order to close the picture over it.

She went and snagged a very small velvet bag out of the junk drawer and slid the gems carefully inside, "lets head out now," she handed him back the list and turned and walked, carefully, out the door. Then halted at the stairs and stared down, "Oh this is gonna suck. Bad." Then she started down. She wasn't moving fast at all. Every motion was a pain. Walking on a straight surface was do-able. Walking down stairs, she soon learned, was not so easily accomplished. She breathed through the pain with every step and by the time she reached the bottom, sweat beaded her skin and she was pale. "Okay. Now. We're off to the city," and she slowly led the way out through the doors on the back of the wall and down the walkway.

The view was amazing. The water inside the walls was a beautiful aquamarine color and people were swimming in it and having an obviously wonderful time. The city rose upward about three stories tall, "you know, each and every building is its own ship. The whole city can break apart into individual ships if necessary. The wall itself is a ship, from what I've been told." The whole time she spoke, she continued to walk, "In some parts of the sea the city has to break apart in order to pass the reef system. And on the large continent the whole city again breaks apart in order to traverse the river system to get to a few of the towns further inland. It goes from this," she gestured to encompass the entire city, "to a great parade of ships moving up the river." She stepped off of the platform bridge onto yet another platform and led the way between the mass of buildings towards the center where all of the various markets were located. All in all it only took about twenty minutes before they were there, even at her slower pace.

She entered a shop, a jewelers, and walked up to the counter and let the gems fall out of the bag into her hand, "How much for these?" The merchant pulled out his eye glass and picked up each one to get a good look, "hmm flawless, flawless...and rare sized as well," he smiled, "Shea, you know I'm not a rich man...right?" Shea glanced over to her companion and winked, "You've got more gold then most of the merchants around, Schmidt, and you know that these will sell so fast it'll make yer head spin with the profits you'll rake in from them. If the city folk don't buy them them, the port towns will. Especially all the rich folk that like baubles such as these." He nodded, "but I'm not a rich man..."

Shea cut him off, "I know you can afford to pay what they're worth raw. You'll mount em and they'll sell for three times what you're about to pay us for them. Oh, and, perhaps....there might be MORE where those came from. Might want to keep THAT in mind. But...," she snagged them up and began putting them back in the sack, "we can always wait until we reach a port town..."

He reached out and snagged her arm lightly, "okay, okay...you know you are scary when you're negotiating price, Shea. I can give you 50 Platinum Pieces for them and not a gold piece more."

She considered a moment and then nodded, "that sounds fair enough. You'll get nearly seventy for them unless I miss my guess." The bargain struck she let them fall into his hand from the sack and watched as his assistant counted out the coins and then put those coins into a small purse. After taking the bag from his assistant he handed it over but as her fingers closed around the bag he had to as, "are there really more of these gems?" Shea just smiled, took the bag, and walked out. Leaving him wondering. Outside she chuckled and handed the bag to him. Most of what you want will be at Markums shop, so we'll head there now," and she put action to word and led the way, slowly, to a larger shop that had wracks of clothing hanging out on racks in the open air.

Instead of being just one simple shop, Markum's was more a market place for several vendors to tout their wares. Food, clothing, armor, weapons, sundries, you name it and it was here. Shea took a seat after passing him a large basket, "get to picking out what you need. They deliver, so just fill the basket and we'll pay for the stuff after you're done. Oh, and if you're worried about whether this place will have things that will fit you....," she grinned and simply stated as she carefully sat down in a chair, "there are bigger men than you living in this city." Chuckling she simply turned her attention to one of the vendors and began conversing with him, letting her companion choose his own goods.
Back to top Go down
Auroch
Auroch

PostSubject: Re: Torral (Rp for Adam)   Torral (Rp for Adam) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 07, 2014 5:27 pm

He didn’t speak when they entered the shop. He figured that silence would serve him better than speaking. He was learning, but a lot of this stuff would just take time. He raised an eyebrow when they came to a fair price of 50 platinum’s. He had never even seen 10 platinum’s before. In the northlands, he would be rich, able to do whatever he wanted for the rest of his life. He would not have to worry about anything except supply. He couldn’t believe a few sparkly stones were worth this much. These lowlanders were airsick.

When she led him to Markum’s store, he was very surprised to find stuff that he could wear. He put three changes of clothes in the basket. This included shirts, pants and underclothing. He scanned the armor and chose out some boiled leather. He didn’t want it to be too heavy, but also wanted it to be wearable while he worked. A second pair of boots went on top of the other things he had found. He got small things like the razor kit, and a nice set of cheap, but flat stones he was looking for. He found a wide variety of spices and foodstuff that would make many meals for them. The last thing he found was fishing gear.

He smiled as he went through the different types. He found the trawling line as well as the regular kind for dock fishing. He got strong line; he planned to catch a fish so big that it could feed both him and Shea for a few meals. He rubbed his hands together as he got what he expected they would need. Then he showed Shea what he had gotten. He almost forgot the laundry hamper, but the basket she gave him seemed to be one. At least it was serviceable as one. He remembered other toiletries after thinking of the trio of old guys who came to her apartment place. He picked up toothpaste, a toothbrush and other basic toiletries, like men’s soap and shampoo. Not that he knew much about it, but it was worthwhile to have the stuff he assumed. They were just cheap sundries. He honestly didn’t know how much all of this would come too.

Once she saw the stuff, he went back inside with it and tried the weapons on the rack. He liked some more than others. He frowned heavily as he lifted a particular axe up. He asked the person watching him a very serious question.

“These all feel strangely light, do you have anything heavier? Like a lot heavier? How can I mow through the stinky fish folk with stuff this light? I would prefer a two hander. I want to try my hand at dual wielding two massive axes or a hammer and great axe. I don’t see many hammers among your wares.”

He looked to Shea, though he doubted she would be able to help him with weapons.
Back to top Go down
Lavelia
Admin
Admin
Lavelia

PostSubject: Re: Torral (Rp for Adam)   Torral (Rp for Adam) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 07, 2014 5:51 pm

Shea smiled and checked everything over, ensuring that he had everything on his list, "You forgot the hamper," she had to point out and tapped the basket, "this stays here. Its simply for shopping with, nothing more." Then she continued on with the conversation she was in with the vendor until she noticed Jermayan looking at her. She eased up out of the seat, careful not to jar her back too much, and walked over, "what's up Jer?"

The weapon smith simply shook his head, "We don't got nuthin heavier here! These weapons are made from the strongest mithril ore and can cut through even iron and steel. A lighter, stronger, metal is better for fighting the Sahguin and Piranahaguin. We don't stock what we don't need. That's for landlubbers to do."

Shea watched the exchange before moving forward, "Hey Jake. You don't have anything put away in the back room at all? Not one heavier weapon?" At his head shake she turned to Jermayan, "Sorry, Jer. There's not much I can do to help you in this regard. They can't sell what they don't have. You'll have to simply make due with what they have in stock and on sale."
Back to top Go down
Auroch
Auroch

PostSubject: Re: Torral (Rp for Adam)   Torral (Rp for Adam) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 07, 2014 6:16 pm

He grabbed a hamper to make her happy. He sighed heavily wondering why they would want to make such light weapons. The y obviously favored speed over power. He wasn’t sure why that was the case. Shea was a speed type fighter, but for him, he was afraid he would over swing and do more damage to himself.

“Perhaps I should bring my axe, but puny smith here couldn’t even lift it. You can say what you want, but the truth is there is more kinds of fighters then speed type. If you’re only strong enough to use mithril then I can sort of understand it, but its only one type of metal. Seems to me your weakening the metal by not utilizing it effectively, none of these would have passed even an apprentice level smith in the Northlands.”

It may sound like an insult, but truthfully, he had seen better apprentice level work. He wondered how his own work stacked up against this stuff. His weapons had made the sahguin run like they feared for their lives. They felt the weight and power behind his attacks and it scared them. It seemed to him that they did not understand the difference between speed and power. With speed, one usually needed multiple attacks to kill. With power, it generally only took one hit and he enjoyed taking out more than one with a single hit. He was critical of the work, but he had to be. His life depended on how good a weapons make was. The vendor had made fun of him for wanting a heavier weapon. He saw no reason not to tell him exactly what he thought of his wares. He looked back to Shea.

“Is there any master or grandmaster smiths in this town? Or must we wait until we get someplace with real fighters? You look tired and in pain. Perhaps we should go back so you can rest. I should not have kept you out here so long. The healer will probably yell at me and try to make me eat soup that puts me to sleep for two days.”
Back to top Go down
Lavelia
Admin
Admin
Lavelia

PostSubject: Re: Torral (Rp for Adam)   Torral (Rp for Adam) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 08, 2014 1:37 pm

The blacksmith shrugged and ran a hand through his graying hair, "believe what you want, boy. But I cater to the steady customers here in the city and the majority aren't strong enough physically to swing the heavier axes or hammers. Plus, with these," he hefted one of the light mithril axes, "you can kill more Sahguin, faster, than with a heavy axe. You'll get into trouble fast if you're too busy struggling under the weight of the weapon. You've seen the how the Sahguin attack by now. What you have YET to see, I'm betting, are the Piranahaguin. They're the faster, smarter cousins to the Sahguin. Plus a thicker axe won't be able to cut the Piranahguin. Their scales are too strong. You'll find yourself simply throwing those things back or at your allies with a heavier axe. I should know. I've made that mistake," his skin was mottled with old, thin, white, battle scars.

He pointed at Jermayan, "You have no idea how we fight. You have little understanding of the enemies we face. You northern folk are all the same. You assume to know how to fight better than anyone else and aren't afraid to wade into the thick of things whether you know the enemy or not. It's fools like you that end up needlessly injured." He had been sitting down behind his counter, which gave him the appearance of one of average height. He'd even scrunched himself down to give himself the appearance of an average sized human. Now he stood, un-scrunched, shoulders back and gave the mithril axe a great swing, "Light? Yes. But ~my~ blades are sharp enough to slice even Piranahguin in half, boy." As he swung tattoo's would be visibly written up and down his arms, crawling across his chest, and up to cover his face. He too was a Viking, though not of the northern variety, "assumptions will get you killed, child." He was very annoyed. To his people he was very well beloved and his work was better than grandmaster quality...well since he was a grandmaster weaponsmith it's no surprise that he was insulted to the extreme, "In two weeks we stop near my people's lands. They cater to the hardier warrior types. I will always only cater to the people in this city because if I didn't my business would fail and my people would go hungry."

He turned his attention to Shea, "My dear Shea. That sword you commissioned is very near completion. I will need you to come and test it out at your earliest convenience so that I can take a final measure of the hand grip." He turned his attention back to the man in front of him, "you have much to learn, boy." Then he turned again to Shea. His keen eyes had noticed how she was shifting, barely noticeably, side to side as if uncomfortable, "I do not want to see you before your injuries are healed. I won't get a proper fit unless you can hold the weapon properly. Also when you come in bring your throwing knives and wrist blades so that I can sharpen them. You've kept them oiled, I presume?" At her nod he continued, "Good. I'm glad you take such good care...of.....th...," the look on her face brought his sentence to a halt and he heaved a sigh, "how many did you lose?"

Shea had the grace to look embarrassed, "about six of the throwing blades and one of my wrist blades shattered. If you can, make me some mithril ones? I should have listened to you when you said steel wasn't going to be strong enough to hold up. But make sure the throwing knives are iron. They're a lot cheaper to replace when lost."

Sighing, he gave a nod, "I'll add those to my to-do list...," he turned his attention back to the Viking as he sat back down and scrunched back up, "I take commissions. But I won't take yours. At least not now. I find value in other things aside from the gold most pay me. She," he pointed to Shea, "has figured it out and thus has earned the sword she commissioned. You have little clue as to what I would hold dear," this was spoken in the Viking common language, as opposed to the native dialect of his village, which was taught always as a secondary language on the chance that you never knew when you'd come around another Viking. He then turned to sharpening a small kitchen knife that someone had brought in only just that morning. The duo was dismissed so far as he was concerned.

Shea tugged him over to the vendor she'd been speaking to and handed him the bag of coins, "Time for you to learn to pay for your goods."

The Vendor smiled and worked his way through the goods, setting them carefully inside the hamper as he noted each item on a ledger along with the price of the item. Finally he spoke, "Thirty gold pieces, fifteen silver pieces, and two coppers, please," and held his hand out, waiting for the coins to be placed in his hand.
Back to top Go down
Auroch
Auroch

PostSubject: Re: Torral (Rp for Adam)   Torral (Rp for Adam) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 08, 2014 1:58 pm

He listened as the smith spoke. He nodded as the man stood and showed his runes. He hadn’t spoken since he finished insulting him. He hadn’t even realized that he had shifted to the Viking language when he talked to the male. He was so upset over being treated poorly. At least that was what he assumed the smith was saying.

“My weapons are made from platinum and iron mixed to form a stronger weapon.  The axe I carry is my primary forging after I completed rite of passage to adult hood. I was 12 when I learned the secrets of the forge. Were you making fun of me when you laughed? It sounded like it in common tongue. The inflections are still strange to me. I don’t usually take offense, as the customs here are still strange to me. “

He looked to Shea and then thought about the fish creatures and salt water. He reverted to the common tongue as he looked at one of the mithril weapons.

“Do you use zirconium to seal the blades you make? Iron and steel would turn to rust in days here. I have not worked with mithril, but liquid zirconium would stop that. The weapon would never corrode as long as the zirconium metal coats the blades. It would also help against slime and even acid.”

He followed Shea over and handed over the amount necessary. He did have to change out platinum, but he was thrilled to see costs weren’t much worse than he was used too. He needed to learn more about this place. He just didn’t know exactly how to put his thoughts into words.
Back to top Go down
Lavelia
Admin
Admin
Lavelia

PostSubject: Re: Torral (Rp for Adam)   Torral (Rp for Adam) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 08, 2014 2:45 pm

The Viking switched over to the Northern Tongue. He'd been there a few times, to that Northern City, that frozen wasteland and had learned much whilst there, "Of course I seal the blades I make. Only a novice would forget to do so and I have long since passed from novice to master. Your weapons are well suited for the trials you face in that snowy terrain. I think that you will find that they are less useful here where the enemies are swift and clever," his accent wasn't perfect since he had the accent of his people but his words were understandable at the least, "I insult no one. That will lose a good merchant many a gold coin," and then he returned to sharpening the knife with a careful hand and a watchful eye.

She watched, and waited, while he paid for the goods, "Is there anything else you want to do while we're here? There's a nice swimming spot that we can go to on our way back. The lounge chairs are comfortable and tall enough that I wouldn't have much trouble getting up and you could still get in a nice swim."
Back to top Go down
Auroch
Auroch

PostSubject: Re: Torral (Rp for Adam)   Torral (Rp for Adam) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 08, 2014 3:06 pm

He nodded to Schmidt as he replied to his query. He had jumped the gun then. He would need to make things right. He thought for a moment as Shea spoke to him. He shook his head and then responded once again to the old Viking.

“I offer apologies; I took insult where one was intended. I would offer you blood rite. I spoke out of anger. Your weapons did feel very strange in my hand. It is likely because none of them were made for my hand. I would like to learn more of southern smithing. You say the mithril is for speed and strength. But if one is strong enough. Would extra weight hinder the killing of the piranhaguin? Also would a mithril great axe or hammer weigh double what these smaller weapons do?”

It was weird for him to have this conversation, but he was very curious. He was trying to understand. His Northern upbringing would not let him believe mithril was superior to his weapons. The side of him that protected would use the best means he possibly could. It was as if he was at war with himself. His pride in weapons he made with his own hands. That was against his need to protect those around him. It was a hard battle, especially after he called the work apprentice level.

His mind went back to Shea’s questions. He had a feeling they should get back. He doubted if she could walk that far unaided now though. He frowned slightly.

“No we can go back. You look ready to fall down. You need to eat and rest. I should probably rest more too. Maybe after you rest, if you’re up for it, we can go fishing. I still think a harpoon setup, with fresh, bloody bait would bring the biggest fish. What do they call those strong monster fish? Sharks? I heard they taste really good. I can carry you back if that would be easier. I think we would make better time. I know you don’t want to be a burden, but you can’t weight more than a few stones. I think my axe weighs more than you do. So the stuff I paid for will be delivered?”
Back to top Go down
Lavelia
Admin
Admin
Lavelia

PostSubject: Re: Torral (Rp for Adam)   Torral (Rp for Adam) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 08, 2014 3:34 pm

The blacksmith did not turn around, nor answer. His full attention was on the task at hand as it should be. Even a simple job such as this deserved the utmost attention to detail. All too easily the metal could burr, or the edge be permanently dulled.

Shea shook her head, "I will walk. You will carry your goods. They do not deliver. This is not the mainland where people idle about. Every hand is put to a task, even the smallest of them. You will carry that," she pointed to the hamper full of his goods, "and I will carry myself. As for fishing after resting I see no reason why we couldn't do that. Just keep in mind, we are very near the Sahguin filled waters and you may call more upon us then just the large carnivores of the ocean with a bloody offering. "

Giving the vendors a wave she turned and began the long walk home, though she did pause a moment outside a shop with a sign above it that read '!Longman's Bakery and Sweet Cakes¡'. She held up a finger, "I'll be right back," then ducked inside walking with that jerky mincing gate she'd been using this entire time but was back out, with a fairly large sized tote bag that was jam packed with a variety of baked goods, "this shop has the absolute best baker in the whole city. We also have a tea shop, which we will also be stopping at, as well as the supplier of staples. The staples ~are~ delivered. Furniture is also one of the few things that are delivered." She continued on, and then turned down a side street and pointed at the small sign that read, 'Oceana's Tea House and Tea Store'. She nipped inside with another 'wait here' gesture but minutes passed and she still had not come out.

In fact, she was still browsing, and had completely lost track of time. In her hands were three bags of tea already and she was browsing the new stock to see what was new. She opened one drawer only to shake her head and grimace but then the next drawer she opened had her eyes lighting up and had her reaching for a prepackaged bag of it beneath the drawer. The drawers held only the smallest samples of the teas offered. Most could find a tea and then move into the teahouse upstairs and order it for in-house drinking. Shea simply used her nose to decide which teas she might like to try. Time continued to pass with her wandering the aisles in search of new prospects....
Back to top Go down
Auroch
Auroch

PostSubject: Re: Torral (Rp for Adam)   Torral (Rp for Adam) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 08, 2014 4:05 pm

He waited for nearly thirty minutes before entering the teashop with all his things. He had little doubt he would find her among the racks searching through every type of tea that caught her fancy. He wanted tea as well, but his type needed a kick. Instead of searching for Shea, he perused the Northern Continent teas. He wanted to see if their master blender had some of his People’s teas among their stores. He had a feeling someone would arrive quickly. This was most likely due to his being the proverbial bull in a china shop.

He was taking his time and being careful as he searched the teas. He found one he recognized and grinned wickedly as beside the tea was hard cured yaks butter. He would purchase some of this tea and the butter. He liked variety, so he marked this spot and kept looking. He would like a measure of a few. He was thinking of looking at the teas of the southern desert. On his way to other sections, he almost fell over Shea, since he wasn’t paying attention to his feet.

“I thought you got lost in here, though I can see the fascination. I want you to try special tea. They have it here. We can have tea upstairs I believe. I was looking for some of the southern spice teas and maybe one to two others that are different. I like to sample a variety to see if I like them or not. The more unique the scent and blend the better the experience. So perhaps we can pick a tea that originates some place neither of us has been to, seen, or even heard of. The experience is worth it even if the tea doesn’t taste good.”
Back to top Go down
Lavelia
Admin
Admin
Lavelia

PostSubject: Re: Torral (Rp for Adam)   Torral (Rp for Adam) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 10, 2014 1:27 pm

Shea had been in the section of the tea shop that held the teas from the continent she had been born and raised on. She didn't notice him at first. She was looking for a very specific tea and couldn't remember the name of it. Finally she found it and pulled out about ten bags of it, nearly wiping out the entire stock. Her arms were full of tea bags. In fact she had to arch her neck to see him over her treasures, "mmm? Oh, um, hi Jermayan. No, I didn't get lost. I'm stocking up since I'm here," she was paler now than she was when she entered and her back felt like it was on fire, but it was well worth it. Tea was one of her personal staples and she liked it so much she was more than willing to endure some pain in order to stock up on it.

Turning she stated, "The southern tea's are this way. I've had a few of them," an employee bustled up to her and began to relieve her of the multitude of tea varieties, "thanks," she stated just before the employee spoke, "let me take these to the checkout counter, Shea. I see you noticed we had some of that tea in stock," she jiggled one of the ten bags that Shea had just grabbed, "a good choice as are these other ones. Though I noticed you did not grab any of the Valerian root tea?"

Her nose crinkled, "that stuff reeks to high heaven and tastes horrible to boot. Course I'm not gonna buy that." The employee's face fell, "but it's so very hea...," she interrupted, "I don't care. I like my tea to taste ~and~ smell good!" She pointed to a different bag, "this is just has healthy, has nearly the same effects, is in fact more potent than Valerian root tea and yet doesn't reek to high heaven or taste like death warmed over." The employee pouted, "if no one buys it then it's just going to sit and go bad..," Shea wasn't buying it for a second, "yeah well that won't be me. So don't even try to guilt me into buying that nasty shit. It won't work."

The employee grinned then shook the small basket she'd just filled to capacity and beyond with Shea's teas, "I'll take these up front and hold onto them for you...and you know I had to try. No one likes Valerian root tea. I don't think I'll be stocking it again," she walked off laughing quietly to herself.

Shea turned to Jermayan, "okay lets go find a tea neither of us have had," she led the way and pointed to the various ones she had tried. "I've tried these. Been wanting to try spiced black chai and this one...its a curry tea but I've heard from friends it tastes pretty weird. Since normally curry goes in food dishes. Its a limited time tea. Meaning they're trying to experiment with spices and such to create a new tea blend that appeals to a larger population."
Back to top Go down
Auroch
Auroch

PostSubject: Re: Torral (Rp for Adam)   Torral (Rp for Adam) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 10, 2014 2:09 pm

He nodded and laughed about the valerian root tea. He explained to the seller the tea he had picked out and he wanted five bags of it, plus five of the yak’s butter. He was sure she would know exactly what he meant. Few teas here likely had yaks butter as an ingredient. He smiled to Shea.

“I have heard the spicier something is, the better it is for the heat. But, I do want you to try the tea of my homeland. You might find it tastier then you expect. I have a feeling it is very much like your chai. We add yaks milk as well to it. So perhaps I can find some here. I guess any milk or cream would do, but it would be odd.”

They were passing teas, but he caught scent of something great. He stopped and tried to find the elusive scent. It took him a moment, but he pulled out a bag and inhaled deeply. It had a strong earthy scent, one he remembered from somewhere. It was as if someone pulled a fresh loaf of bread out of the oven. Only it didn’t smell like bread. The scent and blend was very complex. His nose was still identifying all the herbs within. He could easily smell the vanilla and cinnamon. The elusive scent was peppermint and something he couldn’t quite name. Whatever it was, it was powerful and heady. He grabbed as many bags as he could hold. He seemed very happy to have found a spicy tea; he saw the label marked it as spiced pu-erh chai.

“Shea, look what I found. It has the most amazing scent imaginable. I have to get some.”

He seemed happy to have found it. It was something new, but the scent evoked strong nostalgic feelings within him. There was a very good chance he would love it. The scent was very nearly intoxicating.
Back to top Go down
Lavelia
Admin
Admin
Lavelia

PostSubject: Re: Torral (Rp for Adam)   Torral (Rp for Adam) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2014 1:22 pm

The employee listened and went and retrieved his tea, placing it and the yak's butter in another, separate basket, "It'll be here waiting for you, Sir, when you're done shopping."

Shea had already scented it, her sense of smell being better than a human's, and had already snagged four bags before he had even noticed it. She'd moved on but turned back with a grin, waggling a bag, "Yeah. I grabbed a few of those myself." She kept wandering the aisles in search of new teas and one stopped her in her tracks. The scent was sweet and light and yet had some spice mixed in with it. It was a tea blend from the southern most continent and there weren't many bags of it left. She grabbed 3 of the bags and turned to him, "we should try this up in the restaurant. This smells great and its one I haven't tried before."

A note on the tea bags: These are pre-measured and sealed bags of loose leaf tea. Not like our own 'tea bags' with the little strings (or tag-less ones).
Back to top Go down
Auroch
Auroch

PostSubject: Re: Torral (Rp for Adam)   Torral (Rp for Adam) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 12, 2014 5:35 pm

He nodded as she found more teas. He snagged one rarer one. Well it was rare to him. He snagged a few bags. This one also bore an earthy scent to it. It was different, he had never smelled anything quite like it, but it called to him in ways nothing else did. He actually got the last bags of it. He nodded to himself and then spoke aloud.

“Alright, let’s go pay. Then we can have fun sampling the teas we got. I want you to try my homelands tea. I think you might like it. It’s a winter blend, but it shouldn’t hurt too badly. Seasonal teas are hard, especially since the only seasons I have seen on this ocean were hot and wet.”

He moved toward the front and set down the new teas he had acquired in his travels around the world of tea. He counted many bags, nowhere near as many as Shea had. He even paid without thinking out of the money he got changed for the platinum piece. Then he frowned slightly.

“Shea, how does this tea parlor place work? I don’t understand how we brew it up there just to taste. Is it a special place?”
Back to top Go down
Lavelia
Admin
Admin
Lavelia

PostSubject: Re: Torral (Rp for Adam)   Torral (Rp for Adam) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 17, 2014 3:29 pm

She payed for her teas and they were bagged up. Her name was written on the tote that they pulled out from under the counter and the bags were wrapped and settled inside carefully and the money exchanged. The bag was then set behind the counter, "Thanks Racha. We're going upstairs to drink some tea, do you mind hanging onto his stuff as well?"

The clerk, Racha, turned and nodded, "Sure. I don't mind at all." Turning to Shea's companion she stated, "If you purchase a tea tote we'll put your name on it and our runner will come pick it up at the end of the day to bring back and store for the next time you come in. Oh and that'll be...," it took her a moment to really calculate it up, "three gold pieces and six silvers. If you purchase a tote that'll be three gold pieces, seven silver, and three copper pieces."

Shea waited until he was done with his purchase before answering, "They have practically every tea ever brewed on their menu. We simply pick from it and they brew it up for us. They don't use any of the purchased stock that we just bought or anything. Their prices are fair and they have teas up there in stock that are not down here for sale. When stock becomes limited on certain tea types they stop stocking it down here until they get more of it. So like, that tea you grabbed, the one that was almost out? They have enough upstairs to brew it up several times over."

She led the way upstairs, though she had to take the stairs very slowly indeed and by the time she was at the top she was very pale, shaking, and her skin was beaded with sweat. "Lets go sit down," she stated as she put on a brave, pain free front. She didn't wait to be seated because they always tried placing her in the frilliest of sections. The tea house was quartered off, each section had a different type of decorative style.

She bypassed the frilliest of the sections. It had flowered wallpaper and flowery centerpieces with fancy tables and chairs. A few fancily dressed people sat sipping tea properly in this section. She also bypassed a more dismal, dark, section that almost looked like a run down pub. Several people were in this section and most were happily there. The third section, again she bypassed it, was more a simplistic cafe style. The walls were white, the floor checkered, and the table's center pieces were simple candles in white ceramic. Some people were in there drinking tea and laughing. They waved, she waved back but kept on going.

The final section was much simpler. The walls were wooden, the tables were a bit taller, as were the chairs. There were only two other parties in here and they were talking softly to each other and took little notice of anyone else. She slid into a tall chair easily enough. They weren't so tall that she had to stretch but rather seemed made to accommodate people about her height. The chairs were sturdily made out of strong wood as were the tables. The floors were wooden planks covered with nice rugs and mats.

Once she was seated a waitress wearing a standard pants uniform walked up, "what'll ya have?" Shea pointed, "he can order," her words came out overly enunciated because she was fighting a very strong urge to pass out at the moment. She flashed him a very wan smile and blinked heavy lids. The waitress nodded and simply shifted her attention to Shea's companion, though her eyes kept darting back towards the girl full of concern.
Back to top Go down
Auroch
Auroch

PostSubject: Re: Torral (Rp for Adam)   Torral (Rp for Adam) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 22, 2014 12:34 pm

He nodded slowly and gave her money for the tea and the use of the basket. He followed when she led him upstairs to the tearoom. The rooms were a bit strange to his way of thinking. When she finally got to the section, she wanted he simply blinked. He didn’t understand what made this section different from any of the others. It was just different and he didn’t really know how.

He frowned at her reaction. He knew she was going to need the doctor to check her out. She was stronger, but she had worn herself out. He asked for two cups of his homelands tea, made with yaks butter and yaks milk if they had it. He had a feeling she would need the extra. The doctor may disagree, but this tea was good for a variety of things. It’s why they drank so much of it in the northlands. Yes, it was mainly to help with the cold, but it was also herbal, and it was really good for a cure-all. He thought about asking her to add something else to it, but he didn’t know how Shea would react to it. He had to think about it for a bit. He did ask for something special though.

“With the tea can we get a pot of honey? Preferably, with honeycomb and pollen not removed. Shea will need the boost from the honey. Otherwise, I may have to carry her back to her rooms. Do you serve foods as well? I don’t mind paying extra.”

He pulled a slip of paper and a writing utensil from his stuff. He wrote a quick message on it and handed it to the waitress. He had not spoken aloud on purpose. Shea would have been pissed if she knew what he had planned. The note was simple and he wanted to make sure it was understood. He requested the presence of the healer or if she couldn’t come, to send some of her handy sleeping potion to add to Shea’s tea. She needed something and that was all he could think of at this time. He had a feeling she would be better in a few more days at most. With the note, he added a gold piece as a tip.

“That’s for the special treat I am asking for. I will add another tip after we finish up here.”

He winked at her before his attention went back to Shea.

“Are you alright? You’re looking a bit green around the edges. I know you over did it, just wish I knew how to heal with runes. Sadly, I don’t have any toothpaste with us; the room did smell very good afterwards. Sick rooms always stink, so I did you a favor by my way of thinking.”
Back to top Go down
Lavelia
Admin
Admin
Lavelia

PostSubject: Re: Torral (Rp for Adam)   Torral (Rp for Adam) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 22, 2014 3:10 pm

The waitress took their order and the note in hand. She didn't read it until she was out of Shea's sight though. With a nod she grabbed one of the younger girls, "go downstairs and get one serving out of out stock of the blue tea drawer," the other girl went running while she mumbled to herself, "My sister can't be called on right now. She's resting as are the rest of her staff. So I'll do what she trained me to do in these matters." She began preparing the tea and honey carefully as usual. They actually did have a small supply of yak's milk, though it was nearly depleted. The other woman brought up the small parchment with the powdered tea folded into it. Nodding the woman added it to the red glass, leaving the other, blue glass, without it.

The busboy she sent out to get some food for them to the shop next door. The boy lived in the outer wall with his grandfather and he knew Shea wasn't well so he made sure to order softer foods for her. He came back with the food and sat it down. For the big guy he'd ordered a huge sandwich. It was the biggest one on the shops menu. For Shea he ordered an omelet with cheese and veggies and a fairly large amount of thick red meats. He had made sure to mention that the omelet was for Shea and the chef had grinned and whipped the meat up just the way he knew she liked it.

She had always wondered why it was that people always thought that it was the Healing Clinic that had this tea in stock when it was she and her shop that supplied it, as she supplied all the teas in this city. Once the teas were brewed and poured from the kettle sitting in the middle between them she added the honey, she had chosen Lavender Honey, and then walked the try out to the duo seated in her section.

Shea was already eating, so happy that the food was soft when the tea was brought out. She took a tiny sip and then went right for the honey, adding in several spoonfuls, before taking another taste, "that's better. But," she grimaced, "I don't think I like this tea that much," Her plate was empty before she drank the last of the tea and she grimaced again, "No I definitely don...t...," her eyes slid closed even as she muttered out a broken, "yo...u d...i...c...k...."
Back to top Go down
Auroch
Auroch

PostSubject: Re: Torral (Rp for Adam)   Torral (Rp for Adam) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 22, 2014 4:47 pm

He smiled as they brought the food and tea. He ate ravenously. He finished the large sandwich before drinking his tea. He savored it and only added a small bit of honey. He really liked the tea that could be because it was the main tea his people had. He watched her intently as she drank the tea.

“The tea is delicious; did they add something to yours? Your face looks like the milk is curdled. I am glad the omelet agrees with you. It looks like your losing the fight against sleep. You have been fighting it for the last while. “

He continued to sip his tea as he watched her carefully. He knew she suspected or outright knew he had them give her the healer’s tea. She needed to heal and she couldn’t do that without rest and sleep. She was burning up her already depleted stores of energy by fighting her need to rest. His smile deepened as he asked for the bill. He was going to pay for this one way or another. So he may as well start by paying their bill. He even gave a generous tip. He was sure they didn’t care much about the tip; they were just worried about Shea. He knew he would have to carry her back to her place. He just had to manage his bundles so he could carry her too.

He smiled at the waitress. He figured he had done pretty well for the day.

“She will be pissed, but I am hoping she forgets quickly. She really needed the sleep; she just wouldn’t stop long enough to heal up. Can I get some raw honey and honey comb to go? It’s really good and Shea seems to love it too. We will be back when she is feeling better, there is a lot more tea blends I would like to try. Especially the earthly scented blends, they call to me.”

He settled everything and got his goods secured in a way he could manage both them and Shea. He lifted Shea up and carried her back to her apartment. He only had to stop a few times to ask for directions. It was a decent walk and he didn’t know his way around very well yet.

Once back at her place he settled her into bed, only removing her boots, before covering her up. Then he went to put the leftover food and supplies away. He hummed contentedly as he worked. He did any clean up that needed doing, and then he tended to his weapons. They always needed a good sharpening and oiling.
Back to top Go down
Lavelia
Admin
Admin
Lavelia

PostSubject: Re: Torral (Rp for Adam)   Torral (Rp for Adam) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 23, 2014 1:35 pm

Shea awoke hours later, with a headache, in a really bad mood. Easing out of bed she went into the bathroom to shower. The entire time she was in the shower she was imagining all the wonderful ways she would skin her new house guest, along with other...even more savage imaginings. The one that topped her 'to do' list was ripping his guts out and feasting on the entrails. She figured with enough soy sauce they'd be edible enough. By the time she was out of the shower she was humming quite happily. She got dressed and brushed her teeth, still humming. The smile on her face was a feral one. The hair brush swept through her hair gently, especially over her ears.

That feral smile never left her face. In fact that smile actually had one of her very pointy teeth jutting over her lip, something she usually didn't allow. It wasn't that she hated being a hybrid. In fact she didn't. She loved it. However she understood that the hybrids tended to unnerve the pure humans because they were a blatant reminder of experiments that their kind had done to others. Those days were long gone but that mattered little. She grimaced with each stroke of the brush since it caused the muscles in her back to pull on the wound but her thoughts continued onward and by the time she left the bathroom, after managing to bandage the injury by herself, the grimace was gone and was yet again simply hiding that feral grin.

She looked for her tea and found it. The place hadn't been very messy, since the old men had been in and out over the last few days and those guys were neat freaks. It was quite late, according to the clock, but she wasn't tired now. Not even a little bit. So she brewed herself up some tea while those little fantasies danced in her head. Oh, she'd get him back. Yes she would. She'd find a way to get even if it was the absolutely last thing she did.

Giggling to herself she held the warm cup of tea between her hands and silently planned her next move as she sipped the minty tea she'd brewed up. (And no, you do not get spoilers as to what she's planning, Adam. :-p) Rising she walked over to the balcony and sat down on the built in bench there, cup in hand, and watched the night sky. Once she sat down her now empty cup she stared upward until her eyelids drooped and she fell asleep on the bench, her body shifting until she was stretched out across it comfortably. It had built in padding and pillows, so comfort was ingrained in it's design.

The colors of the ocean's waters changed from a light aquamarine that you could see straight down to the sandy bottom to a deeper, darker blue signifying cooler, deeper, waters. Even the breeze changed, growing cooler, and a continent rose upwards out of the water as the city shifted it's position to avoid the rocky outcroppings that littered this area. The climate was quite cool here and the waters were more murky than they had been even yesterday. The continent was covered in snow and frost. For here, it was heading into winter where elsewhere on the planet it was summer.

Over the course of the time it had taken both of them to heal the city had ever moved onward, crossing the equator, that central point on the planet dividing north from south. What was summer was now winter and what was warm was now cooling off. Slowly the city came to a stop, loud grinding sounds came from various points as anchors were sunk deep into the ocean.

Morning came, birds swirled slowly overhead, and the city was at a full stop. This was a continent they would be stopped at for a few weeks. Trade was always good here in most of the towns on the continent, so trading envoys were always sent to each one. Shea awoke chilled, her eyes staring up at the crystal clear blue sky, her skin being chilled by the cooler air. She sat up quickly, shivering, grabbed her cup and entered her quarters, "Brr it's coooold out there."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Torral (Rp for Adam)   Torral (Rp for Adam) - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Torral (Rp for Adam)
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2