Writer's Haven

Welcome writers! Come, read, write, chat, and role play if you want.

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

For Holly!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Lavelia
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 230
Registration date : 2008-03-29

PostSubject: Re: For Holly!   Tue Jan 14, 2014 5:31 pm

Janie blinked and then answered very softly, "He saved each and every one of us. He saved us all. But he's no adult. In fact he's only a couple years older than me...if that. So I mother him a little. Because he's never had one and he deserves it. From dawn until dusk he takes care of us, keeps us safe, fights for us when necessary," her hand smoothed through his hair, "and always does his best for us even when he's exhausted and sicker then the rest of us," she inhaled and stared down at him with sad eyes, "He won't be with us much longer," she blinked back tears as she stared down at his face and then began to wipe the makeup off his face to reveal his greyish skin tone, "but he'll keep us safe and he never shows that he's sick," she pulled out the makeup she carried and covered up what she'd uncovered, "this is such a small thing to do for him," she shrugged, "its the least we can do." Now that he was asleep and not blocking his scent the air around him would be almost acrid and sickly sweet. The other younger girls forced their scents to cover his but before they could the air took and spread the scent out from them, "we had a home, a place that provided for all of our needs. Now we have nothing and he's pushing himself into the grave to keep us safe," her voice held a deep sorrow even as she rested her hand on his head, "I wish the twins were here," again she ran her hand through his hair all the while speaking so softly that the conversation went no further than herself and the questioning child, "when someone saves you repeatedly at the cost of their own life and health then you do every thing you can for them for the time that they have left."

The twins awoke with a start and the female stated, "Janie spoke of us. We shouldn't sleep. We need to get to our pack." Exhausted she still struggled up onto her feet even as he did the same, "Yeah. I agree. Rai needs us." His sister spoke up, "I need to use my power on him again," she scented the air and caught his sickly scent on the air, "badly. He won't last much longer otherwise," her voice was soft and very quiet so that only he could hear her, "I don't think he realizes that I've been keeping him alive all this time. He has to live. This pack needs him and his valiant heart."

Carly shifted forms and started licking his face, hitting his nose a few times but then she shifted back, "Ick. I don't like that taste," and grimaced while shaking her head and sending her hair flying, "but," she glanced closer, "I think it's better...?"

The little boy moved back just a bit, "the stuff in the tub," but his head kept shifting to see better and thus was probably constantly getting in the way, at least until his hand slammed down onto the ground which caused him to yelp fairly loudly and wriggle in pain.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://lostmagiciangrl.darkbb.com
Goddess Crimson

Number of posts : 176
Registration date : 2011-02-18

PostSubject: Re: For Holly!   Tue Jan 14, 2014 5:40 pm

*Tomika would stand in their path, she gave a low growl to warn them to not approach but stay where they were. she spoke* Who are you? What do you want here? What power do you speak of?" *She stood there watching them closely, her blue eyes standing out against her black fur*

*Tiama sighed and whispered* What's wrong with him? Maybe Moon or Angel can help him....*Her blue eyes shining with hope.* Moon is sick too...but no one can help her...

*Doryan smiled and looked to her, he spoke* it stopped bleeding, thanks to you *He threw her into the air then caught her a few moments later*
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lavelia
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: For Holly!   Tue Jan 14, 2014 5:58 pm

The twins halted and stared, "I'm Erial and this," he gestured, "is Alial. We're trying to rejoin our pack, the Storm Chaser Pack. I know they're here, I can smell them. Raiza, Jase, Doc's Daughter Annalise, Carly and the rest." Alial spoke up then, "as for what power...I have been...," she was having a hard time explaining it, "helping keep Rai healthy for a while now. He isn't for all he looks like he is," she shrugged because it wasn't something she could explain so easily. Her power was instinctive, just as his was. His ability to use wind to throw their scent miles away and scour their passage clear was just as curious as hers was to bolster Raiza and keep him alive.

Janie glanced sadly at the girl, "no. There's no help for him. No potions, salves, or medicines can get him healthy. Every hour, every minute, every second of every single day he is in pain while his body is eaten away from the inside out," again she ran her hand across his brow, smoothing away the lines that had formed there, "we need the twins back with us. He hurts less with Alial around I think. Something about her soothes him. Doc even said that human medicine wouldn't help him and that it was only a matter of time before his sickness ended his time among us. Now we're homeless and the stress of the chase has worn away all the good that the farm had brought to him." She shook her head, "No child. There is no hope for our pack leader. But until the day he stops breathing we will do everything we can for him, because he has done everything in his power that he could do for us."

Carly shrieked in laughter, "Again!! Again!!!"
Back to top Go down
Goddess Crimson

PostSubject: Re: For Holly!   Tue Jan 14, 2014 6:05 pm

*Tiama frowned and spoke* Angel doesn't use anything like that. She has a gift of healing....it just doesn't work on Moon because she's part demon. But works on everyone else...*Tiama smiled* wouldn't hurt to try it would it?

*Tomika looked to them both and spoke* Follow me and I will take you to them. *She turned and lead them towards the den site.*

*Doryan smiled and laughed throwing her up again a little higher it would take a few seconds for her to come back into his hands* You're friends are coming....the ones not here yet...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lavelia
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: For Holly!   Tue Jan 14, 2014 6:23 pm

Carly laughed, "Its just Erial and Alial. Rai will be happy that they're back," her voice hitched just a little on her pack leader's name but she kept talking, "I want to play and they don't need me there. I'm youngest in the pack and not expected to stick around when it's playing time. But...," she grinned, "I'm hungry again," then pointed upwards, "throw me higher?"

The twins followed along behind until they spotted their pack mates. Then they raced forward, Alial skidding down to sit beside Rai, almost touching him. Erial walked over to Jase and flopped down, "We removed our scent, the packs scent, and the hunters scents. They'll be chasing their own tales for a while," his voice was smug but then he scowled, "Neo isn't dead. We went back and checked the farm for bodies. We were going to bury Neo and Dom. The bodies were gone. Alial said that she sensed that Neo and Dom were alive but taken away. Once we're rested we'll go back and..."

Jase interrupted, "no. You won't. We need you here. You two together are Rai's left hand people and you're next to be leader. I'll go back. I'll track. I'll rescue Neo and Dom. Neo's just a baby and Dom is...well, Dom. We can't leave them in their hands, though knowing Dom he'll get himself and Neo away somehow. He's clever like that...if he's alive."

Erial sighed, "yeah he's alive. Alial would know." Jase nodded and murmered, "Yes she would. She always seems to be able to tell if we're okay or not." Erial smiled, "I can hear Carly. It sounds like she found a playmate," the wind blew softly around him in an eddy that brought a lot of information to him, "she's having fun and laughing. I'm glad. She'll make an excellent Alpha once she's an adult." Jase grinned, "she's a little scamp all right. I'm glad that the events of the past week haven't harmed her much," he was patient and just simply allowing the healer to work on his paws.

Alial drained off Rai's illness without really realizing it. She grew sleepy as she channeled the sickness from Rai into the ground. It wasn't a healing by any means, all she was doing, inadvertently, was extending his life. She shifted into her wolf/dog form and curled up with her back against him now and fell asleep.
Back to top Go down
Goddess Crimson

PostSubject: Re: For Holly!   Wed Jan 29, 2014 10:30 am

*Doryan grinned and spoke* I'm the one that looks after everyone that's young...because Apparently I'm very fun...*He shrugged and laughed slightly as he threw her higher in the air. While she was in the air, he pulled out a medium sized chunk of meat and held it one hand as he caught her with the other.* Here...this is for you *He grinned softly as he whispered it to her* And don't tell anyone...it's a secret.

*Moon looked to Jase and slowly shook her head* I'm sorry but you're not going anywhere...you're paws aren't fit enough for you to be travelling anywhere...*She looked to the new arrival* And I suggest that you rest for a few days as well..If you wish you're other pack members to be found, you should speak with Gothic and you're pack leader...and I'm sure the packs can work together to bring them back to their pack. *She smiled faintly and finished cleaning and taking care of Jase's wounds, she moved to the next that needed tending to and looked over her shoulder to Tomika* May I have some meat for the new arrivals. They need rest, water and food. will you please get it for me while i'm tending to their wounds? *Tomika nodded and moved off to get what was asked for.

*Tiama looked to Janie and spoke* It would also mean that your half wolf half domesticated dog friend wouldn't have to tire herself out to help him like she is now...Angel might be able to heal him...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lavelia
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: For Holly!   Wed Jan 29, 2014 12:40 pm

Carly laughed and gave a bit of a happy shriek when she went up again. Then for just a moment she hung in the air before falling downward with a second shriek. She glanced around and then gobbled the meat down pretty quickly, "Yumm," and then belched rudely, her eyes going wide and her cheeks pinking in embarrassment, "oops. 'Scuze me."

Jase scowled, already making plans in his head. It was, after all, his fault his young charges were hurt. He stayed silent as he considered options and plans. Some he discarded as being too outlandish while others he picked apart in his mind. It would take a little bit of time before his plan to rescue his pack mates was fully formulated so he rested in the meantime.

Alial shifted until she was more firmly against Raiza's back. The ground beneath her paws darkened perceptibly as she siphoned off the effects of Rai's illness and shunted it into the ground. Erial sighed and sank down with his hands on his head. He was nearly as exhausted as his sister but as the Second in the pack he couldn't sleep until everyone was accounted for. He looked at the pack mates, "Where is Carly-girl?"

One of the mid-aged girls, about thirteen years of age with oddly blue hair shuffled over, "Carly is playing I think. She doesn't feel like," she scrunched her nose, "she's in danger. In fact it feels almost like she's having a really fun time." Closing her eyes she allowed her consciousness to expand outward from herself. Out and out and out her consciousness went. She touched Carly and her voice, in a sort of light dreamy tone, softly stated, "She's playing with a large wolf. She is fine," and her consciousness expanded even more. The wolves might feel a brushing wind as it did so, going far beyond the borders of these lands and returning to the farm. Her body slumped over and Jase blinked even as Erial caught her and stared, "she wouldn't...damn it! Come back Joselyn!"

The blue-haired girl didn't hear him at all. Her consciousness was far from her body at this point. In fact she'd begun following Dom and Neo's spiritual signals. She followed them far from the farm and down into an underground facility where they were caged and chained. Dom was cut repeatedly, and the bad people watched as he healed. Neo had needles poking into him, taking blood and having stuff injected. Her nose crinkled at the scent as he became corrupted by whatever they were injecting him with. She continued past them, her soul brushing Dom and whispering, "we're coming Dom. Stay strong and have patience," even as she continued through the odd facility. She saw other cages, corpses, and then she was hit by something and sent spinning back into her body. She started seizing, her body convulsing, puking from the violence of the odd strike that sent her soul reeling.

Erial held her, tightly, shifting her body onto it's side so that she didn't choke on the black vomit that dribbled out as her body tried to rip itself apart.
Back to top Go down
Goddess Crimson

PostSubject: Re: For Holly!   Wed Jan 29, 2014 1:08 pm

*Doryan grinned and watched her, he chuckled slightly* Excuse you Carly...*His attention goes to the blue haired girl, he moved with Carly in his arms to her side and gently picked her up as he placed Carly down, he sat down cross legged and closed his eyes, his right hand resting on her forehead as his left rested on her chest. Tiama's attention went to her uncle, she tilted her head and whispered* What's he doing? *He slowly and gently scanned her and her soul to see if he could help the younger female. He was the care taker of the younger ones weather they were his pack or one aligned with his mother's pack. he didn't care, he wanted to help. a pure black young female wolf came from the top of the den, her eyes so vividly green that it was hard not to notice them. She looked over the new arrivals and a deep frown of concern as she moved closer* Who needs my help? I'm a healer...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lavelia
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: For Holly!   Wed Jan 29, 2014 1:42 pm

Joselyn's eyes opened abruptly and she ripped herself away from the stranger. She stumbled into the fire that the other girls kept going in order to keep Rai and the other sleeping ones warm. Her feet burned on the coals, the skin on her arms and legs singed and burned as she passed through the fire where the flames touched. Fortunately she wasn't in the fire long enough for her clothing to catch and she was tall enough where her hair couldn't catch but the parts of her that touched the flames were singed. Eyes wide, firmly in flight mode, she ran regardless of the burns.

Erial was up and chasing after her immediately. Carly followed, shouting back at the others, "Stay! We'll be back. Make food. Make a bed. She'll have need once she snaps out of it. You know the drill!" The small child was nearly as fast as Erial and kept up fairly easily as she wove in and out of trees, using her sense of smell to keep the trail that Joselyn was making. Periodically the two that chased her had to dodge more of the black liquid she'd been vomiting up but they didn't let that slow them down.

Joselyn didn't stop until she hit cold water. Her whole body slammed into the icy liquid and she kept herself submerged for several seconds before she shoved her face above water. Finally she walked out just as Carly and Erial arrived. She was still gagging and when they approached she held her hands out, "Don't. Do not touch me."

Erial blinked and halted, then braced himself as Carly slammed into him so that neither of them fell forward into the water. A glance into Joselyn's eyes was enough of a clue as to her current condition. The girl's eyes were pure silver; a clear sign that body and soul were not quite back in sync as of yet. "What happened Jos?"

Joselyn stared at him and with a still somewhat dreamy tone of voice stated simply, "I know where Dom and Neo are. They were harming Dom. Testing his healing ability," she shivered violently, "they were injecting Neo with something. It corrupted his scent." Still in the water she ducked down again, sliding her head beneath the surface and then came back up, "I was checking out the rest of the facility. It goes way down and down and down. But at the lowest level something....," she shivered again, sending water in an outward sort of splashing ring from her, "something repelled me. It....hurt me....I don't...it really....," she finished speaking in a small voice, "hurt."

Erial frowned, "is your soul all right?"

Joselyn considered the question and slid inward to look over her soul, "whatever it was didn't get a piece of me but there's a wound. It'll heal in time. I can still walk the realm but shouldn't go far from my body for a while until it's healed I think." She shivered again. Her lips were turning blue but Erial knew better than to ask her to leave her element in the condition she was currently in. So he asked instead, "do you know what hit you?"

She shook her head, "no, though it was sort of familiar? But I couldn't place it." The water around her was silver with black swirls as she was sunk down into it and the darkness and her own power was purified and the taint pulled from her, "I won't....be able to go with you to save Dom and Neo, Erial. I can't....go near that place again. I don't think I'll survive," her eyes were haunted even as she stopped speaking.

Carly walked forward around Erial, "It's okay. You went there already. We know Dom and Neo are there. We know where there is. You did good Jossielyn. Carly is proud of you." The older girl flushed a bit...not much due to the sheer coldness of the water...but a bit. In this interaction it would be VERY obvious to see just who the Alpha female of the pack truly was.
Back to top Go down
Goddess Crimson

PostSubject: Re: For Holly!   Wed Jan 29, 2014 1:54 pm

*Gothic moved after those that left, after the conversation between the pack members, she moved forward and spoke* Let my pack help you get your members back. I know what it is like to have pack members going missing...*She looked to the young female Joselyn* I know of the pains those places can create. *She looked to Carly* Alpha to young alpha...you need help and I wish to provide that help....you have injured and weakened ones within your pack, including your alpha male, he needs rest and you all know it. As a mother of my own young, I would recommend that we make a plan....and we bring in some back up, ofcourse. you will get to meet those brought in. I wish to provide some experience that not all of you have. *She moved her hair from her face, revealing her metallic side of her face with the robotic eye* I will do all I can to aid you...but be sensible about whom of your pack goes....those that cannot can be replaced by those that are useful from my own...if you like..
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lavelia
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: For Holly!   Wed Jan 29, 2014 2:28 pm

Joselyn finally exited the water. Her eyes were a shocking green, naturally, though a bit of the silver still swirled throughout the grass green color a bit. Her skin, usually by birth a natural tan, was pale with a blueish tinge as she stepped out onto dry land. Her arms were wrapped around herself and she was shivering. Her eyes were staring down at the ground and she muttered, "Whomever is in those bottom levels needs rescuing as well. I think the strike was a warning otherwise I'd have been more injured maybe. But the power was...familiar though I'm unsure as to how or who. The flavor of it was....," she shook her head, finding it difficult to put what she'd felt into words.

Carly stared at Gothic, head tilted, "That must hurt when you shift," speaking in the bold and blunt manner of children while continuing on, "we can use the help. We don't have any grown-ups in our pack and only Raiza and Erial really have any battle experience."

Erial glared at the child but then sighed, "She is right. Alial can't help. She's better off by Rai's side right now helping him to grow stronger. After all, they are mates, though as yet unbound." His eyes didn't stray from Joselyn's face and after a bit of consideration and concentration the air around her began to warm. It took quite a bit of control but was good practice for him and his efforts paid off as she began to stop shivering.

Joselyn spoke again, "Whatever we do must be done sooner rather than later. Neo, I don't think, will survive for long if we don't strike immediately. They were injecting stuff into him that was," she shook her head, "corrupting his scent. I don't know what it was doing to him physically but whatever they were giving him was harming his soul. That's....unacceptable. Neo's the youngest of us, child of the oldest of us that died a couple years ago before we had a home."

Erial sighed, "We need to go, you're right Jos. You'll need to draw us a map of the facility and," he glanced to Gothic, "we will need warriors. Aside from myself, Jase is out of commission and Rai is in no shape to go to battle. My sister....I don't want her fighting. I want her to stay here where it's relatively safe."

Jase stared at the person who just showed up and remained silent. Joselyn startled him out of the making of plans but he was back to it now with even more determination. For her to react like that meant something bad happened while she was on spirit walk and whatever it was.....meant that there was no good happening for the two captured pack mates. He inched away from his pack mates slowly. Then he simply concentrated a bit until he faded into the background while his image remained dejected, in place. He had his own abilities and a plan. His plan had absolutely nothing to do with staying here healing up. So, very slowly, he left. Careful to continue sneaking away while projecting his image in the spot where he had been. His image was solid and his skill with manipulating his image was almost at the master level after all these years. So he continued to sneak, his scent fully masked, his body fully blended into the background behind him.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: For Holly!   

Back to top Go down

For Holly!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3