Writer's Haven
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Writer's Haven

Welcome writers! Come, read, write, chat, and role play if you want.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Welcome to The World of Telial

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Lavelia
Admin
Admin
Lavelia

Number of posts : 230
Registration date : 2008-03-29

Welcome to The World of Telial Empty
PostSubject: Welcome to The World of Telial   Welcome to The World of Telial Icon_minitimeWed Nov 27, 2013 2:04 am

"Telial is a world of green trees, vast meadows, many lakes and rivers, mountains, only two deserts, and a large ocean. Small villages and towns are built along the shores of rivers, lakes, and the ocean because the fishing is good. Races include Elves (some friendly, some not so much), Dwarves (love their ale and their ore), Gnomes (tricky bastards sometimes), Kender (do NOT bring them to my town thank you very much), Humans (the good, the bad, and the fugly), Mer-Folk (odd people but helpful for the most part), various Were-Folk (sort of insular, can be stand-offish, but can also be helpful if you're lucky to befriend them), Vampires (some good, some bad), Jinn (tricky tricky bastards), Demons (some better than others), Half-Orcs (grouchy bastards really), Dragon-Folk (stay away from the red-kin and black-kin because they're liable to kill you rather then help you), and a variety of monsters and other nasties. As for classes, well. There are a whole lot of them. Personally I'm a Historian Mage. I keep track of the history that unfolds in this world. I have watched life unfold here for many years. "

"My world is beautiful. Wonderful. Lush and vibrant. Everyone is spread out and harmony rules. Sort of. There are a few dark spots but I imagine that shit happens everywhere. Its not exclusive to this world. People are spreading out now and co-mingling which I think is good. But the monsters...they're growing and a darkness is growing as well. It shrouds itself from my sight and I do not like that. I am, after all, the historian chosen for this world and nothing should obscure my view."

*Crash* *Clang* *Bang* *Knock, Knock, Knock* A soft, feminine voice calls out, "Master? I um, brought your dinner," mumbled, "sort of," louder, "and your coffee."

*Heavy Sigh* "Enter," the masculine voice is loud enough to be heard as the creaking door opens and he stares at his most inept, clumsy, apprentice, "I see you upended the tray, again, Lorelai," shaking his head he watches as the petite almost-woman and the tray passed by him, "I have a task for you, child."

Turning the raven-haired beauty stared at him with big silver eyes, nearly missing the table and sending the tray to the floor in her surprise, "Master?"

Deciding it would be safer for him to take the tray than to leave it in her hands he walked over and firmly took it and set it down on the empty corner of the table, "Yes. I am sending you away on a mission of some importance. I have foreseen that many bad things are coming that will disrupt the peace of our world." He stalled until she nodded, "I want you to find those who will fight this evil and send it back to sleep."

Blinking Loralai simply stared wide-eyed at him, jaw ajar, "why me? I mean, the other apprentices would be better suited...,"

He interrupted her with a simple raised eyebrow, "Are you going to question me," and his power slammed her back a bit, "question MY knowledge about who is better to send out from here?"

She shook her head violently back and forth, "No of course not, Master. I shall prepare immediately to go."

Sighing he watched her go, "That child has a terrible, yet grand, destiny ahead of her. But she must leave here to find it," he took a bite of the biscuit and grimaced, "I believe I shall have to hire a cook. This is, yet again, inedible. Anyways what was I saying...ahh yes. Telial. I am the Historian Mage and my job is to watch events unfold as an objective observer. But this is not MY story. This...is the story of this world...and those whom Loralai will find to fight at her side. So go now, and look to her and watch HER story unfold. My part in this matter is at an end. Oh yes, I suppose I should mention. We live in a tower in the Town of Brazial. This is where the story begins...."
Back to top Go down
https://lostmagiciangrl.darkbb.com
Lavelia
Admin
Admin
Lavelia

PostSubject: Loralai   Welcome to The World of Telial Icon_minitimeWed Nov 27, 2013 2:53 am

-Prologue-

Loralai raced back to her room, not even tripping once oddly enough, and slammed the door. She was holding back tears even as she began to change into travel clothing. The white tunic she tugged over her head, after tossing aside the light gown she wore on standard,  had a blue collar with an intricate design, which signified her position as First Apprentice to someone important.

She grabbed a knife off of the dresser that contained her clothing and gathered her waist length hair into a tail she sliced the blade through it, shortening it so as to allow for easier travel. She tugged on a pair of loose, but warm, pants and exchanged her tower slippers for sturdier travel boots. On her arms she fastened leather gauntlets and on her legs she attached knife sheaths.

She then tugged a fairly large backpack out from under her bed and began to load it down with extra clothing, books - three blank and two resource books, travel blankets, a small pillow, cooking utensils, rope, flint and steel, an extra pair of boots, and then she dipped into her personal food pantry to pull out bread and cheese and other edibles that would hold her until she reached the next town.

On her waist she fastened a satchel that very soon after that held her medicinal herbs, potions, elixers, powders, empty vials, and her cash. Whirling around she tugged her cape off of the hook and wrapped it around her shoulders, tugging the hood up, after fastening the clasp to keep it in place.

The last thing she did was to reach for her ornately carved wooden staff. Even going into town it always went with her. On this trip it would serve her very well indeed. A quick glance around her small suite she nodded. She had everything she would need....she hoped. Walking out, the door closed softly behind her.

-Present Day-

She cursed again as she tripped over a blasted root, "Damn it! I hate this forest," and grumbling she shoved herself up, smashed her staff atop the goblin's head (mostly out of spite) and sighed as he crumpled to the ground and hurried on her way, "that stupid creature delayed me a lot. I was hoping," she cast a glare backwards...and tripped again..., "oof....damn it," shoved hersefl back onto her feet, "to be in town early so I could get a room, some supplies, and a decent meal." Huffing she shifted the pack on her back and then proceeded to continue onward. In her wake were a meriad of creatures sporting knots to varying parts of their bodies.

She'd been out here three weeks and she hated it already. Hated the fresh air...which she had at the tower anyways...hated the having to find edibles...and really hated all the boring monsters that tried to take a bite...or as in the goblin, tried to grab a handful. Staring whistfully towards the town that was settled high into the trees she slogged onwards with a stompy stride and sighed as she finally found the way up to the town, after about six hours, and well after dark. Granted, the light was what helped her find the way up but still. She had really wanted to get here sooner. But after about half an hour she hit the town proper and was soon installed in a nice warm room and rested on a very nice, very comfy, bed.
Back to top Go down
Vigilant

Vigilant

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2013-03-23

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to The World of Telial   Welcome to The World of Telial Icon_minitimeMon Dec 09, 2013 7:17 pm

-Current Day-

Maki sat calmly on the roof. What roof wasn't really important, he had simply scaled a nearby building that seemed suitable once night fell. What most would consider far more interesting was how there appeared to be no one on the roof. Or anything at all for that matter. The entire rooftop was pure black, no light from the moon or stars having the slightest effect.

It was a simple spell, he had called to the dark, and expanded the blackness of night into a fully covering cloak that hid him and his things from view. It would last until day, as well as create harsh, unnatural noises if disturbed.  Truth be told, other than the lack of a bed, Maki found arrangements like this safer, more comfortable. And he couldn't afford a bed presently. The first trip around the town's streets hadn't turned up any jobs, and there were no opportunities as of yet that were worth the risk. The guards of this town seemed pretty on their toes, and quite numerous. Any hopes of income were going to hinge on a grey-area job rather than a loose purse string, and such things were not exactly well advertized.

Under the cover of shadow, he laid against his pack, trying to get comfortable. While he could have tried to intermingle the spirits of shadow and flame to get a light-less campfire, it didn't seem an efficient use of power. So instead, he lay rolled into his camping blanket, thinking. He wasn't particularly happy with the way things had gone since he had resolved his differences with his owner : thieving and other dark alley jobs were interesting at first, but despite his distance from people, too much of him knew that there wasn't something right. Less people end up deserving it than he thought. But as for now : food, magic texts, and supplies still cost money, and he hadn't found much way other way to come by it.

Maki sighed and tried not to think too much more before rolling off into bed. The darkness was comforting at least.

Last edited by Vigilant on Mon Dec 09, 2013 7:30 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : font size)
Back to top Go down
Songtress

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2013-11-27

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to The World of Telial   Welcome to The World of Telial Icon_minitimeTue Dec 10, 2013 10:25 pm

The flowing stream had her attention. A place to get clean, to her clothing clean, and to gather more water. Perfect. She was careful as she bathed, her  eyes constantly casting about in the darkness trying to aware of any beasts that might lurk in the night.

As she cleaned her  other sets of clothing, and then tossed them over the tree branches she  focused on the flames in front of her. She'd carried that ember-coal  that she now used to start her fire from the first camp site of the journey adding coals as she finished the fire from the day before when she stopped to make camp for the evening.

Asamara crouched pulling out her large polished mirror, the thin stone backing had been reinforced with magic and as she dipped the empty stone into the water, and pulled it away a layer of water had become a mirror smooth surface. She set it next to the fire  as she finished peeling her  vegetables and tossed the dried meat into the pot water.

Then she began to gaze into the mirror....
Back to top Go down
Lavelia
Admin
Admin
Lavelia

PostSubject: Loralai   Welcome to The World of Telial Icon_minitimeWed Dec 11, 2013 4:33 pm

Loralai woke only twice during the night. Once when she had to wake up and get a drink and the second when she was ripped from her sleep by the ghostly echoing of the screams that only she was alive to remember. After waking the second time she rolled over, yawned, and fell into a deeper sleep that carried her to mid-morning. She woke with a large yawn and stretched her arms wide while giving a sleepy glance around. A small tray of food had been placed on the little stand and she smiled. This inn always had the best service for the money. She was in town for a few days to do some research, resupply, and recuperate from the long trek. Granted she could have taken a faster form of travel but she much preferred relying on her own two legs to get somewhere rather than the magi-tech the tinkerer techies had come up with.

She got up, ate, showered, and dressed before locking the door behind her and taking a detour to drop off the tray down at the kitchen before heading out to check out the town, buy supplies, and ask around about news and such. The first place she stopped into was the food shop. She browsed and made several selections, mostly nonperishable foods such as jerky, hard breads, and hearty cheeses. All would last for an extended length of time, especially when coupled with small hunted game and wild fruits, nuts, and berries. Sighing, she made her purchases, her thoughts on the journey ahead. She had no idea where she was going or even who she was searching for.

Back out on the street now, bag of purchases in hand, she admired the artful building designs of this town. All of the houses, shops, and various other buildings were built into the trees. Various bridges crisscrossed the open spaces and created a pleasantly viewed winding path around the entire village. The village was a green and growing place, but then Elf towns and villages tended to be. In the center of the village was the square where flowers grew in brilliant colors year round. They were kept alive and healthy by the earthy magic of the Elves. Sunlight drifted down between the leaves which only seemed to make the place even prettier. It was an oasis of beauty.

High above the village were the transports. Large mechanical creatures with thin magical wings that traveled to and from the various other towns, villages, and cities. Though she hated traveling that way she was already on her way to purchase a travel ticket. Because to go from here, Tesaria, to Raska was too difficult a journey to make on foot. Slipping in through the door of the travelers ticket vendor she walked up to the counter, "One ticket to Raska, please."

A very androgynous elf walked over to the window, "I'm sorry. We don't have a straight trip to Raska anymore, Miss. In fact, Raska has been devastated  by roaming bands of monsters of late and it isn't a safe place to travel to any longer. I apologize," he bowed and walked back to his work station behind the counter.

She sighed and scowled before walking out of the building, "okay so....change in plans I guess...," and returning to the inn. It was lunch time and she was hungry already, though time had passed quite a bit though she was mostly oblivious to the passing of it, and she really needed to think things through to decide on yet another plan of action. Entering the inn a while later she took her bags to her room, locked the door after herself, and made her way down to the inn proper where she proceeded to order lunch and await its arrival sitting at one of the smaller tables. The inn was much like many others, rooms upstairs and downstairs, with a central dining hall on the middle floor. By the front door was a desk where you could rent a room. In the dining hall there were many tables of varying sizes. The largest tables filled the center of the room while the smaller tables, including the one she was sitting at, were scattered along the walls.

She muttered to herself, "he couldn't have just told me where I was supposed to go?? Seriously. I'm basically stumbling around in the dark right now," while glaring down at the table top, "Raska is out. But there are still several places I could go...but then again...I should find a way to go and see what's going on in Raska with my own two eyes. After all, I won't be able to keep a record of what's happening in the world for him if I don't investigate things that are odd...hmm," leaning back in her seat she was lost in thought and barely noticed when her food and drink were brought.
Back to top Go down
Lavelia
Admin
Admin
Lavelia

PostSubject: NPC Post   Welcome to The World of Telial Icon_minitimeWed Dec 11, 2013 5:11 pm

-Asamara-

The forest was alive at night as it wasn't during the day. Trees creaked, animals, snakes, and insects skittered through the underbrush and bats flew through the night in search of food. Loud crashing sounds caused by larger animals heading towards the water were clearly heard and fish jumping out of the water made random splashing sounds but there was also another sound; an underlying one that was at odds with the natural noises of the forest. The sound of forest detritus crunching under heavy stomping feet, the rustle of armor against weapons, of heavy breathing and grouchy voices complaining gruffly.  These sounds passed far enough off that any campsite along the stream wouldn't really be noticed but close enough to be heard.

-Maki-

The town was quiet in the night, most lights were off and few people were out, the only thing that passed nearby was a trio of large felines wearing collars. They sensed the magic but ignored it for the most part, though they did yowl for a little while just to protest its presence. A shouted, "SHUT UP CATS!!!" caused them to quiet down and race off to another place...and other people...to annoy. More shouting at the cats, though much further away and muted, could be heard randomly throughout the night and when the dawn came the sky was dark and overcast with heavy cloud cover. The town spread out and rather grim in appearance. Buildings were forged out of rock and stone and as people stirred out of their homes most were very similar in appearance.

Most of the men had well kept beards and wore thick leather armor. These were a burly people, stout but strong, and as they greeted each other in the dawn it was easy enough to tell that they were friendly enough. Jokes and early morning laughter echoed down the streets that passed in and around the town. From a rooftop it would almost seem as though the mountain itself had formed the houses, streets, and other buildings that arose from it. At the back of the town a large entrance that went into the mountain could be seen as well as the men who now headed into it. Women opened windows, put out laundry, unlocked the shops, and bustled around the town in a oddly leisurely manner. They wore armor and weapons as well but very few headed towards the entrance into the mountain. Children raced down the streets, play fighting, joking around, and ending up being found by a few women and hustled into a larger building in the center of town.

By the time the day is about as bright as it's going to get due to the thick cloud cover the scent of baked goods fills the town from the houses, school, and bakery. A few fat snowflakes begin to drift downward from those dense clouds and smoke from the chimneys rise up into the air, adding the woodsmoke scent into the mix.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to The World of Telial   Welcome to The World of Telial Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Welcome to The World of Telial
Page 1 of 1